Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Che, that hat has some serious panache!

Mike, I can see why you favor the cattleman's crease; it suits you well. Love the ventilation pattern on that one, too.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mike
That silver belly is Outstanding, the side profile is amazing with the cattlemans crease & straight almost reverse taper. so easy to do crease from the diamond to the cattleman
this lite felt moulds so great .
I really do like to see multipal shot of the hats on the noggins to really get a idea of a color & shaping at different angals. That is very important to me.
whats good about Art's Lite Felt you can change the mood quickly by its easy shaping & bashing. I dont have any of Arts dress weights simply due to i have so many Dress hats i just dont wear em due to High Temps, too dressy for my mood, not easy to bash/crease without firing up the Jiffy 4000 Steamer, & im always scared to smash it when its off the head,,, so i have a lot of Featherweight vintage (non lining) which act the same way as Art's Lite felt..
Remember hats back in the old days were the norm & used to shaping daily there were like Socks ment to be worn hard & most men only had 2 hats for work & play..
this Lite Felt brings those days back.......
Great pics & who cares about the T-Shirt I wear a hat daily but i dont & cant get dressed fancy daily...Heck i used to wear em with a Wife-Beater on the Hot days but i would at least have suspenders holding up the high waist pants ..I always hang em high lol

its been high 90's to mid 100's for the last 3 weeks & would you believe im only 54 miles north/east of San Francisco....I work there & am subjected to 30+degree
climate changes...to & from...the Lite felt is perfect for this .
i do have a lite strat clone in S/B (lee) set up like yours that i use for road trips Mexico Lite & beats the heat shape it up for the dessert & heading out to town bash it proper. well now i have Art's Lite S/B thats going next time.

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Che,

Hey, I know that hat! A hat that stunning does not go easily forgotten. ;) Congrats, man-- it looks outstanding on you.
B-MAN !
ha! like Eric mentioned quite a while back, i can be spotted in a crowd of hats.....unless i snap the brim down lol Thanks B-Man
Randooch, Panache i like that
Man i really do dig the thin ribbon Mike.

Landman

One Too Many
Randall, thanks for the compliment. Having grown up in south Texas the cattleman's crease is what I've been around all my life and just looks normal to me. The majority of my vintage hats have a cattleman's crease but I have to admit since joining the Lounge you guys have made me appreciate different creases like a diamond. Most of my new hats, like this one, I end up putting a diamond or tear drop crease in.

Che, thanks for the compliments. I'm definitely a thin ribbon guy and love this one because it is just a little wider than the norm. I have a very long oval and I think that is what gives the appearance of the straight or almost reverse taper. Mr. Fawcett even mentioned that my long oval required a different block. Below is a picture of the hat from above and you can see the long oval better.

VS_Artlite_300010.jpg

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Here is the latest addition to my work of Art family! What a beauty!!! I gave Mr Fawcett very little direction on this hat only the color and the size of brim I wanted. What a wonderful surprise and such a great color combination. I have a panama that Art did the ribbon on and same color but it looks totally different (and the same) on the Blue Smoke! Just fabulous ... will be the perfect combo with black and gray outfits ... however I believe this hat will call for a new pair of black wing-tips :) ... and yet it begins!!
Color: Blue Smoke
Crown height (creased): 4 1/4
Brim length: 2 3/8

27D328AD-FA5D-484B-89A0-7E4204D1C2FC-252-0000000D47771199.jpg

D064A71D-FE77-4F22-A972-FCDB29468012-252-0000000D591CD8EF.jpg

A3F38C65-03E3-428C-B83A-EEBD6C5F7C43-252-0000000D4F8F45B7.jpg

943CB45A-6D25-4118-82E8-499DC2140C0A-252-0000000D3CF1AAED.jpg

Here is the latest addition to my work of Art family! What a beauty!!! I gave Mr Fawcett very little direction on this hat only the color and the size of brim I wanted. What a wonderful surprise and such a great color combination. I have a panama that Art did the ribbon on and same color but it looks totally different (and the same) on the Blue Smoke! Just fabulous ... will be the perfect combo with black and gray outfits ... however I believe this hat will call for a new pair of black wing-tips :) ... and yet it begins!!

27D328AD-FA5D-484B-89A0-7E4204D1C2FC-252-0000000D47771199.jpg

A3F38C65-03E3-428C-B83A-EEBD6C5F7C43-252-0000000D4F8F45B7.jpg

943CB45A-6D25-4118-82E8-499DC2140C0A-252-0000000D3CF1AAED.jpg

Hat matches eyes, shirt matches ribbon. :p Good choices. :D

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Simply Outstanding ! Kkaderly
The hat looks great on you. Colors pop & i dig the thin edge treatment.
Post a pic when you get the Black gunboat's
Thanks for the pic !

kaosharper1

One Too Many

Beauty. Love the color combo.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the compliments ... The thin edge treatment was my suggestion but I can't take credit for anything else ... Art has a real gift and continually strives to make unique hats. He always seems to make hats that are individually suited for the wearer! It's amazing really.

I might have to wait on the shoes. If the warden sees any more "contraband" she might remove ALL my privileges! ;)

Landman

One Too Many
Kkaderly, beautiful hat! Great color combinations.

I know this is trivial and when wearing the hat nobody sees it but I think the red liners really add to the elegance of the hat. Just yesterday I was at my doctor's office and was wearing my silverbelly lightweight with the red liner in it. My doctor complimented my hat and I took it off so he could look at it. When he turned it over and saw the red liner his eyes widened and his comment was "Wow, that is beautiful.".

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

KK; Nice hat! I do really enjoy the bluesmoke color and ribbon on your new hat. Congrats.

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy