Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Got it Art. Will scan the swatches and place them
Under each style of felt so that each can be clicked on
an a VS customer can see the color larger.
As everyone one knows the color on screen can not
Be the same as holding the felt swatch in your hand
and holding the felt in natural light. I work on the site every day just as Art works at making your hat's we want to make
You as a VS customer happy.

Landman

One Too Many
Art, that's great news about the new felts. Your beaver felts are the very best there is but rabbit felt makes for a very tough and durable hat. At least that has been my experience with my Akubra Campdrafts. I can't wait to see what you can do with a rabbit felt body. I'm sure there is one in my future!

PS: Ed, thanks for all your work on Art's site. Being able to look at different hat styles and felts is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

memphislawyer

Practically Family
What and where is an explanation of this Lite felt? Same price? Why would one want the lite felt over say a beaver felt or the new rabbit felt Art is using?

Mulceber

Practically Family
Pretty sure Litefelt is the same price. As for why people would take it over standard weight (btw, liteweight felt is beaver), there are any number of reasons: they want something that will breath more for summer months, they want a floppier hat, or they already have several dress weight hats and want some variety. -M

ArtLite or featherweight felt bodies from Winchester are 100% beaver fur felt. These felts feel as close to vintage Stratoliners & Whippets as you can get with a modern custom hat. Those hats were on the lower end of the felt quality spectrum for Stetson but aged nicely, if they weren't abused...They are also much nicer to wear in the warmer months....

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
images

Three cheers for the new Artlite Hat Warmer.

Cliff

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
There are times when a heavy dress weight fedora is just too much. I'd say it's 4 months of the year here in Washington. A lite felt could be the perfect answer. I've been experimenting with lighter felts in the colder months. It seems they still keep the head warm. I have to admit that they're not as fine as a dress felt hat.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
There are times when a heavy dress weight fedora is just too much. I'd say it's 4 months of the year here in Washington. A lite felt could be the perfect answer. I've been experimenting with lighter felts in the colder months. It seems they still keep the head warm. I have to admit that they're not as fine as a dress felt hat.

You haven't tried mine Sir. They are finished exactly like my dress weights

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner