Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
Does anyone else see this as a potential new liner design?

Nice to see you Cliff, we've missed you. We now know what it takes to get you involved. :)
Oh, I'm usually around Art.....in the background. Don't say much unless poked with a stick - or motivated by a new feature (like the hat warmer - I hate to get into a cold hat).

Cliff

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Updated the fur felt page today with colors in the types of Felts we carry at VS.
http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/Fur_Info.htm
I also added swatches of each felt color. That you may look at. Art will be sending bigger swatches that I will update in the future. As a reminder what you see on your computer screen may vary from the actual swatch on the website.
Oxblood is a good example when I first saw this color in a complete hat I said WOW. It's really a knock out in person.
Not so much in a small swatch or a scan.

I have a few changes to make this afternoon. The fur felt info page is a work in progress.
I will be updating felt swatches trying to get better color. Once I get larger pieces will be taking them to a
Pro Photographer client to photograph and color manage to get the closest we can to what they colors look like in natural light.
Thank's Nik for sending me your version of the felt colors.

Last edited:

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Great job! Just a curiosity question though, I would have thought the Nutria-Rabbit blend would have been more expensive than just the rabbit, but it's $10.00 less. Is this correct or did the prices get switched around?

regards fedoralover

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Great job! Just a curiosity question though, I would have thought the Nutria-Rabbit blend would have been more expensive than just the rabbit, but it's $10.00 less. Is this correct or did the prices get switched around?

regards fedoralover

I'm sure it's correct. It's a question of order size for the batches of felt bodies. There are only two dyes of the rabbit/nutria blend, you know.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Rich, I also use difficulty factor when pricing as well as fur prices and Nike is right. I got a deal on the felts for volume so passed it along.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A new piece of art, an Art Fawcett creation arrived this morning at work.

I got a call from my wife this morning as I had just landed in the Twin Cities (MPLS., St.Paul, MN) back from a gymnastics meet and needed to dig my car out of the 16" of snow that fell on Sunday. My car was parked in an out lot at the airport. I was wisely saving money. HA-next time I need to consider the weather! It took me over 40 minutes of shoveling with the emergency shovel I have in the trunk to get my car freed from the bulk of the snow. I had energy to shovel as my wife had confirmed that my new VS hat had arrived safely at the gym.

Here are a couple of pics of the hat I first saw as I quickly opened the cardboard box and then the black VS hatbox.

IMG_3859-M.jpg

IMG_3858-M.jpg

The fedora is a VS Wanderer in silverbelly. I am a very fortunate fellow. I asked Art to create a hat in sliverbelly like the granite one that I have been wearing tons! The felt is one of the lightweight felts that Art procured recently. It has a removable black liner. The band is one of the darker chocolate leathers. It is just plain sweet.

I wanted to capture the hat in natural light and below is that pic.

IMG_3857-M.jpg

It is bright light with lots of glare from the new fallen snow covering the arborvitae outside on the walk at the gym entrance. These are not great pics and I will work on getting some better ones later this week. The last pic shows the hat a bit more gray, clay colored than it is in person.

I introduce to you my VS Wanderer in lightweight silverbelly.

Proud VS wearer, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Sweet lid indeed Eric! Wondering about one in Legacy fur felt?????

GTDean; I will plave my order just after your order sir! :) Seriousely, I am considering one in Legacy fur. I envision the most perfect VS whippet-like hat known to human-kind! If it is as soft, with the texture I envision, I will have to consider a darker color as it would be hard not to handle it a bunch and consiquently it would show soil.

Hmmmmm. Not yet. I still need to break-in this hat. Later this evening, after 9:00pm closing of practice and the gym, I am heading out to listen to some jazz music. Time to break in the new classy fedora.

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner