Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Here is a quick indoor shot of my VS Black Cherry with a cattleman's crease. I'll have to get somebody to take a picture of me wearing it. My self portrait shots are pretty poor and don't do the hat justice.

VSBlackCherry003_zps10f37882.jpg

Dang, Mike...pure beauty.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Budget aside, I still have issues with ordering a hat from Art....the issue of he has a few that are so tempting to want to own, where does one start to select the first hat to order? The newest line up from Art seems to drive me nuts wanting them all, then of course you see simply elegant made hat such as the OR Mike asked for Art to make, and it stops me dead in my tracks! The color of this hat would make it have an appeal to wear it with anything I can think of.....just stunning. This makes another OR hat Mike, that you have, from Art that is jaw dropping beautiful.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Lovemyhats2,
YEA too many choices Art offers....
Ahh i just tell him what color felt & leave the rest to him....That makes it so much Easier,,,,,Always a Winner every hat....
Got off the horn today he was rushin to set up the Vets In the VA hospital....
I just told him something a bit diffrent for my next Lid......A little thinner ribbon this time. Nuff Said, OK I know it be killer....
But he Knows me By Now so Easy for him too....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Lovemyhats2,
YEA too many choices Art offers....
Ahh i just tell him what color felt & leave the rest to him....That makes it so much Easier,,,,,Always a Winner every hat....
Got off the horn today he was rushin to set up the Vets In the VA hospital....
I just told him something a bit diffrent for my next Lid......A little thinner ribbon this time. Nuff Said, OK I know it be killer....
But he Knows me By Now so Easy for him too....

I am sure you are 100 percent right on! I have been just kicking around what hat to order, and now....geez....maybe I should just toss a dart at what hat to do, and let it be where ever it falls? lol! The thin ribbons for some reason just have set into what I love to wear, all my vintage hats (except for two) are thin ribbon....so at least it narrows that choice down....but still the blues series hats he has now.....oh lord...what to do? I guess I am going to see if Art can redo this latest beauty that he made for Mike and allow me the honor of owning one......not a bad jump off point as for what I can see! My budget lately has been so tight, I am lucky to squint enough to see a cup of coffee! lol! Weeee Haww! lol!

Landman

One Too Many
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Perry, you are going to love the granite OR clone. A great color for an OR style hat.

Daniel, you can't go wrong with anything Art makes you. The hardest part is picking which color felt. I would recommend getting the Silverbelly for your first one. Art's Silverbelly is incredible and goes with anything you are wearing. I have quite a few hats from him now and most all of them are thin ribbons. Where I live thin ribbons, especially Stetson Open Roads, are very common but Art's hats always get noticed. I love watching somebody looking at my hat trying to figure out what is different about it. It is like they know it looks like a Stetson Open Road but it is too nice to be one. When they finally ask about it and I show it to them they can't believe the difference in one of Art's hats and what Stetson sells now.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Perry, you are going to love the granite OR clone. A great color for an OR style hat.

Daniel, you can't go wrong with anything Art makes you. The hardest part is picking which color felt. I would recommend getting the Silverbelly for your first one. Art's Silverbelly is incredible and goes with anything you are wearing. I have quite a few hats from him now and most all of them are thin ribbons. Where I live thin ribbons, especially Stetson Open Roads, are very common but Art's hats always get noticed. I love watching somebody looking at my hat trying to figure out what is different about it. It is like they know it looks like a Stetson Open Road but it is too nice to be one. When they finally ask about it and I show it to them they can't believe the difference in one of Art's hats and what Stetson sells now.

I know, all my thin ribbons are some sort of silverbelly one way or another. I was looking to have a black hat, as I have none left in black. My thoughts are, the black cherry would take me into having something that would work and not be an actual black hat!

Landman

One Too Many
I know, all my thin ribbons are some sort of silverbelly one way or another. I was looking to have a black hat, as I have none left in black. My thoughts are, the black cherry would take me into having something that would work and not be an actual black hat!

The Black Cherry would be a good choice then. It changes color depending on the lighting situation. Under low lighting it looks like a black hat and under bright lighting or outdoors you can really see the cherry tint. The maroon in the ribbon helps bring it out too. I have a leather aviator jacket I wear a lot during the colder months and it goes very well with that.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The Black Cherry would be a good choice then. It changes color depending on the lighting situation. Under low lighting it looks like a black hat and under bright lighting or outdoors you can really see the cherry tint. The maroon in the ribbon helps bring it out too. I have a leather aviator jacket I wear a lot during the colder months and it goes very well with that.

Well now, I am hooked. I was thinking of ordering a biltmore OR in black, the price is right and all for that hat, but you know, I just have to do my thing with getting a hat from Art. The custom made hat bug has been nipping at me for a few years, my wallet keeps on a roller coaster ride like I was a red headed step child, and my desire to own something that knocks it out of the park is getting the best of me. Even my Wife says if I get a custom, has to be from Art and only Art. We did not make it to send any of my older hats off to Art as we wanted to do as he gives to fellow Vets and that is a heart tugger and such a sweet thing to do...but no matter, I just have to pull the trigger on having one made. So...off I go into the internet jungle now and on the prowl to find out from Art what to do and when and how. It is after all, his talent and mastering that takes me that way. Thanks Mike for sharing about your black cherry....(now what ice cream goes with that)? LOL!

Landman

One Too Many
Black Cherry vs Black Stetson

Here is an indoor shot of my VS Black Cherry (on the left) next to a new production black Stetson Open Road. The brim lengths look noticeable different but they really aren't. The VS is just a tad short of 2 3/4" and the Stetson is 2 3/4" on the nose. It looks like more of a difference but I think it is just the camera angle and the way the front brims are snapped down. The Stetson front brim is flatter and I have the VS down a little further.

VSBlackCherry004a_zps08ee89e6.jpg

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Introducing my newest VS...The DA. I asked Art to make me a hat to celebrate getting elected District Attorney. I left everything up to him. He read my mind and knocked it out of the park!
84B4306C-CBDB-4FCA-B94E-459F62437ADA-7483-00000BDDBDEED9B3.jpg
6BB8506A-CCE8-427C-B003-C8669D9DFB1F-7483-00000BDC2157B950.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy