Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Landman

One Too Many
Landman, is the weight about the same on your VS as the modern OR? That is a killer hat, I can't wait for mine. I'm going to have a contrasting ribbon and brim binding.

Perry, it is not even close. Art's lightweight felt reminds me of some of my old Borsalinos. Very soft and pliable. The new production Stetson Open Road is very stiff with a lot of shellac. They aren't bad though if you are ok with the crown. If you are not, I think it would be almost impossible to put a different crease in it. Art's lightweight felt and even his dressweight felt is very soft and pliable. You don't need to steam it to crease it and could switch creases daily if you wanted to. The overall weight of the hats are significantly different too with Art's being much lighter. I can't weigh them but that is just my impression from holding them.

Alucard73, congratulations on the election and the new hat! Very classy looking hat.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a very nice looking hat Alucard I like the ribbon treatment and the profile looks to be perfect !
Think I may have to break the bank and order a Art Fawcett hat myself especially hearing the way everyone talks about them.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Introducing my newest VS...The DA. I asked Art to make me a hat to celebrate getting elected District Attorney. I left everything up to him. He read my mind and knocked it out of the park!
84B4306C-CBDB-4FCA-B94E-459F62437ADA-7483-00000BDDBDEED9B3.jpg
6BB8506A-CCE8-427C-B003-C8669D9DFB1F-7483-00000BDC2157B950.jpg

Hat Criminals be forewarned!!! There is at least one county in Texas where hat crimes will bring the full weight of the law to bear against you!
The DA also has the best head cover of any DA in the state, maybe the whole country.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
WoW,
Alucard
This is Something Special here...
Colors are perfect for your Professional Attire in your New Position...
very nice...

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Seasons' greetings, fellow Loungers!
A lot of problems at work have kept me from posting this latest VS beauty until now. I've actually had it for a few weeks. It's one of the most beautiful hats, new or vintage, that I've had the privilege of handling. My crummy photo skills just don't do it justice. It's a light-weight black-cherry Strat-clone with a 2 1/2" brim, un-lined. The new black-cherry felt is quite a bit darker than the previous run. It's much darker in person than it appears in the pictures. Thanks for my new favorite hat, Art!

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Thanks, Landman!
The ribbon is not quite as light as it looks in the photos; it's more of a deep burgundy compared to the almost-black felt. It really is striking in person, without being flashy.

Landman

One Too Many
Thanks, Landman!
The ribbon is not quite as light as it looks in the photos; it's more of a deep burgundy compared to the almost-black felt. It really is striking in person, without being flashy.

Thanks for the info. That must be the same ribbon Art used for the bow on mine. It is a deep maroon or burgundy and pulls the black cherry color out of the felt nicely. Jason's black cherry Whippet clone posted a few pages back looks like it has a similar color ribbon but wider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy