Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Killick

One of the Regulars
Congratulations on the new sire Art. t is very nice. Are you still doing the Hat's for Veterans this fall? I hope so. I'm already Jonesin' for a new lid.
I get more compliments on my new milan straw! Thank you Sir.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Here's Dad and I in our panama's

P1010087.jpg

Both crafted this summer.:D by Art Fawcett.
I have a felt version coming to me in the mail as we speak. Hopefully, I'll get it Monday.
Wow, 11 years ago.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Oh my gosh, I really didn't have any Bob. I did spent time with JW in the early days but only after gaining a name, Rodney Allison ( North Valley Hats) would talk but not give anything up, John Morris & Dad of Rocky Mountain hats were friendly & helpful but really, I am basically self taught. I was already established before being "Welcomed in" by the old timers. Only once you are "known" do any established hatters start sharing anything of value. Consequently, I am and have mentored many new hatters on the scene. I don't wish to receive any credit for others success so I won't mention names but it has been over a dozen.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Oh my gosh, I really didn't have any Bob. I did spent time with JW in the early days but only after gaining a name, Rodney Allison ( North Valley Hats) would talk but not give anything up, John Morris & Dad of Rocky Mountain hats were friendly & helpful but really, I am basically self taught. I was already established before being "Welcomed in" by the old timers. Only once you are "known" do any established hatters start sharing anything of value. Consequently, I am and have mentored many new hatters on the scene. I don't wish to receive any credit for others success so I won't mention names but it has been over a dozen.
They all know who they are...
Good backstory. Learn by doing as you go. I truly believe the more mistakes you make the more you learn. That helps me live better with all of mine.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
It's a great program. Support our Veterans and order a hat with a generous rebate from Art. I have at least one to send down...

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Last week I flew down to Medford, Oregon to pick up my and my daughters Milan hats from @Art Fawcett whom I now refer to as "The Felt Whisperer" but more accurrately should be called "The Hat Whisperer". I spent two days (July 25 & 26) in the shop talking hats and "feeling the felt" :) Art was a great host and he has an amazing shop with many different hat tools that he has collected over the course of 27+ years collecting.

While on my trip I also had the pleasure of talking with another lounger @hatsR Charlie is was nice talking with you.

@FedOregon I had the opportunity to see your Cuenca hat body up close. Very nice! I wish I had the forethought to send you some cash and pick up one for me while you were in Ecuador. I envy your trip Doug!

Art, I can't thank you enough for allowing me to hang out with you for two days. Hopefully I didn't slow down your production too much nor wear out my welcome. Would be an honor to visit again at some point in the future.

Without further delay, the HATS! Disclaimer: I am not a photographer so I apologize for the poor picture quality.

Milan1a.png

Sharks gill bow. Seeing this being made and attached was awesome. Love the wide brown ribbon on this.

Milan1b.png

Milan1c.png

This is for my 16 year old daughter. It was exactly what she wanted and loves it.
Milan2a.png

That brim is 4 and half inches!!!

Milan2b.png

Nice back bow on this hat!
Milan2c.png

Thank you Art!

Last week I flew down to Medford, Oregon to pick up my and my daughters Milan hats from @Art Fawcett whom I now refer to as "The Felt Whisperer" but more accurrately should be called "The Hat Whisperer". I spent two days (July 25 & 26) in the shop talking hats and "feeling the felt" :) Art was a great host and he has an amazing shop with many different hat tools that he has collected over the course of 27+ years collecting.

While on my trip I also had the pleasure of talking with another lounger @hatsR Charlie is was nice talking with you.

@FedOregon I had the opportunity to see your Cuenca hat body up close. Very nice! I wish I had the forethought to send you some cash and pick up one for me while you were in Ecuador. I envy your trip Doug!

Art, I can't thank you enough for allowing me to hang out with you for two days. Hopefully I didn't slow down your production too much nor wear out my welcome. Would be an honor to visit again at some point in the future.

Without further delay, the HATS! Disclaimer: I am not a photographer so I apologize for the poor picture quality.

View attachment 80730

Sharks gill bow. Seeing this being made and attached was awesome. Love the wide brown ribbon on this.

View attachment 80731
View attachment 80732

This is for my 16 year old daughter. It was exactly what she wanted and loves it.
View attachment 80733

That brim is 4 and half inches!!!

View attachment 80734

Nice back bow on this hat!
View attachment 80735

Thank you Art!

It was great to hear your voice, Kevin. I'm a bit envious of your new "hang out," but more envious of your new hats!!

All the best, bro!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Last week I flew down to Medford, Oregon to pick up my and my daughters Milan hats from @Art Fawcett @FedOregon I had the opportunity to see your Cuenca hat body up close. Very nice! I wish I had the forethought to send you some cash and pick up one for me while you were in Ecuador. I envy your trip Doug!

Thank you Art!

It was quite the trip! You let my secret out, LOL! Yes, I am anxiously awaiting a new Work of Art, Cuencano toquilla style.

MrsFed and I went down to Medford last year when Art had his shop there. Now we need to get down and see the new, improved shop! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ