Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

duggap

Banned
Thanks JP, that was my second thought. I believe I remember someone on the Lounge having a silver mist color with a burgundy ribbon, maybe even Art himself, but man that was a sharp looking hat. I just was a little afraid that the burgundy might may it a little restrictive to wear. Kind of hard to match colors.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Jauntyone said:
Another one from Art arrived yesterday: What a great hat; it fits so perfectly that it feels like I'm wearing a Kleenex on my head! The brim is 2 1/2"; color is Steel. Thank you, Art!

Please tell me, What's the height of the crown open?

Michael Bonner

New in Town
blue ribbon blue mist

I've got a "blue mist" hat (not from Art, but same color) and it just crys out for a blue ribbon... If I could have a "do over", I'd get a mid- to dark-blue ribbon on it.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Arriving from Oregon yesterday was this handsome Montecristi:

p1014343.jpg

p1014345.jpg

p1014340.jpg

It was inspired by this Dobbs Westward, which someone posted a picture of awhile back. I saved it and when the time came asked Art to emulate it:

dobbswestwardpanama.jpg

The body is one Art had around. It's not a superduper fino, but falls in the 'just a good hat' category. The price and style is right for me. I'll try to get some better pics before long.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
My 2 montecristi`s from Art

Top - the `Indo-Chine`, 1920`s style, 2" drim
Bottom - the `Siam ventilated Fedora`, with orchid inspired ribbon, 1 5/8" brim

NikonJune2009001-3.jpg

NikonJune2009003-1.jpg

NikonJune2009004-2.jpg

Jabos

A-List Customer
p1014340.jpg

I must comment on this photo. You, sir, have impeccable style and presentation. I'd noticed it in your prior photos. Absolutely "top shelf" clothing and that makes your hats look that much better. I have a hat over frumpy clothing myself! You inspire me sir! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Viper Man said:
My new VS arrived on Friday. It is the Wall Street block in charcoal dress weight with a 5 3/4" crown and 2 1/2" brim. I asked Art to use the 20 ligne "graphite" ribbon that he had recently put on Stylin' LA's hat and at the last minute I asked Art if he could do something pleated on the bow. Since this was my third VS, I wanted something special. This hat is gorgeous and I was pleasantly surprised with Art's work on the ribbon. Thanks, Art! I love it and can't wait for #4!

Viper Man, that's a gorgeous hat...and you, among others, have convinced me to order an Art creation. I've been thinking of having him design a Whippet clone of some sort for me, and this looks very close to what I have in mind. Beautiful hat--congrats!
Steve

Viper Man

Banned
Thanks J&C! I love this hat and cannot wait for cooler weather so I can wear it on a daily basis! Mr. Fawcett is a true artisan and you will not be disappointed by his work. In fact, I am seriously contemplating selling off my remaining vintage hats and going strictly custom with Vintage Silhouettes from now on. In my opinion, his hats are that great. :D

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I missed delivery of my new one today because of this darn job I have to keep to pay for the hats. What a vicious circle. lol I feel like it is Christmas Eve right now:)

Jabos

A-List Customer
I posted this in the Dusty Pink thread, but will also do so here so this beautiful Art creation gets its appropriate Hall of Fame recognition. This hat is a shameless copy of Daizawaguy's stingy, but with a 2 5/8ths brim. Art is my hero!!!!!!! I love this lightweight felt. The pink is more "dusty" than bright and the second photo is the best representation.
005.jpg

006.jpg

007-2.jpg

050.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Very nice! Well, this is one VS that I am not envious of!! I bet after Bart posts his new one, my envy will be sky high again!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Very nice! Well, this is one VS that I am not envious of!! I bet after Bart posts his new one, my envy will be sky high again!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:

dusty003.jpg

dusty004.jpg

5" diamond crown
2 3/8" brim
Ribbon is a mocha brownish color with the slightest hint of a rusty thing goin' on

I think he outdid himself........Thanks Art:eusa_clap

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Bart: Another beauty. Love the wide brim binding. When do we get a noggin shot?

I ordered my third VS. I think I'm going for a Jazzman in Blue Smoke. Its hard to stop.

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
handlebar bart said:
dusty004.jpg

5" diamond crown
2 3/8" brim
Ribbon is a mocha brownish color with the slightest hint of a rusty thing goin' on

I think he outdid himself........Thanks Art:eusa_clap

Very nice, Bart!! I really like that ribbon.

JP

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Vey nice choice! I can imagine you getting a lot of wear from those brown tones. The lines are really well proportioned, and the thicker brim binding finishes it off well, HB. Your choices get better and better...is it the lite?:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy