Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art's work in the Jungle

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
This was a Dobbs Open Road style fedora, the tannins from the leather sweatband had leached through the felt resulting in a discoloration all the way around the bottom of the crown. Art saved the hat by putting a wider ribbon on it which covered it up.

IMG_20060629_0001_2.jpg

A wider shot to show off my bamboo.

IMG_20060629_0001_3.jpg

fedoralover

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
Beautiful Lid Amazing Bamboo

Fedoralover,
I can understand covering up the stain with a wider ribbon, but I can't figure out how you grow Bamboo in the Great Northwest... seems like totally the wrong climate.:eusa_doh:
Nice jungle hat !!!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
D. Hats said:
Fedoralover,
I can't figure out how you grow Bamboo in the Great Northwest... seems like totally the wrong climate.:eusa_doh:
Nice jungle hat !!!

Well, there are over 1200 known varieties and hundreds will grow here. Here's a different one, (and a different hat) that doesn't get as big but is a real beauty.

IMG_20060627_0001_1.jpg

fedoralover

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Looks like your jungle has grown a bit since you last posted pictures standing out there. Looks like a cozy place to escape and take a nap.
That and nice looking lids to boot.

Cheers!

Dan

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fedoralover said:
Well, there are over 1200 known varieties and hundreds will grow here. Here's a different one, (and a different hat) that doesn't get as big but is a real beauty.
fedoralover

The question is, how do you keep invasive bamboo from
taking over your yard and your neighbor's? If you know
of some species that grow like that but aren't invasive,
PLEASE PM me.

Nice hats, as usual, BTW. That Open Road fedora-ized nicely.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Some of you may not be aware that the state of Washington has five climate zones, ranging from a small patch of sand dune desert to northern rain forest on the Olympic peninsula. I'm not surprised to see bamboo there - but I'm stunned at the size of it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy