Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attention Big Heads! LOL! HA! 7 1/2 NEW vintage 1959 Lee Thin Ribbon!!!!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/IMAG2336_zpsiawcgbxq.jpg.html] [/URL]
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/IMAG2331_zps5uomzdqt.jpg.html] [/URL]

Not even a single "smudge" on this gem. The inside and out is as if just made today. Original box and this one is nice, smooth like cream to touch (if you have ever purchased a hat from us, you know how well I describe a real gem of a hat) and this one is taking the lead on almost any hat we have ever had in our home. This one is more than just nice..it is super fantastic, and yes...it is silver belly color thin ribbon. The leather has grain on it you can see and feel, no wear at all, even the box is in super great shape for being around all these years. This hat has some history as well.

Details: Crown as bashed (you could think this is a Stratoliner) 5 inches....brim that is bound, just a hair...(or two) past 2 1/2 inches. Originally this had the standard cattlemen crease, I spent some time smoothing and working all that out, got the hat to a nice smooth open crown so you could not find the old crease marks, and did this familiar Fedora bash on this gem. It was a piece of cake to do. The hat says water block and fifth avenue on the inside when you look at the no stain pure white liner. No reorder tags but there is a red ink block stamped number behind the leather sweatband. This is a true to size 7 1/2, and would be a easy thing to make it work for a long oval, which is what my Husband, Daniel, would wear. We'd keep this if nothing else, but at times we have a need to come up with some extra cash for helping others out, and that is the only reason to let this fantastic vintage hat, go out the door.

Price: $200.00 shipped any place in CONUS. You know you can spend far more on a new Stetson.....you'd have no comparison of a new Stetson to this gem. None. This is one of those vintage hats that is miles ahead of anything you can come up with that is non vintage. The baby butt smooth cream feel of this felt, says it all.

PM me if you want this to head your way. Thanks so much and know your purchase will help another wonderful person in a time of need.

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
This is a great hat here....do not be shy about owning it! You know you want this hat. Pm me so I can know you are buying this hat. Then you can send the money to my pay pal and then I can ship this to you. Two Hundred dollars and it is shipped right to your front door. I do check here sort of often in case you are buying it or need to ask any questions. Thank you!!!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I am in . . . PM Sent

OOOOOH boy! Looks that someone could tell a good deal! PM sent back to you! I would imagine it safe to say this one is sold.

I look forward to you having this and taking some better pictures to share with everyone here. My cell phone is not the best for taking pictures. Bless you for making this purchase.

Thank you everyone,
Cindy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran