Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AUCTION #143: Stetson - Royal Stetson - Size 7 1/2 - C0000228868 - SOLD

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
AUCTION #143: Stetson - Royal Stetson - Size 7 1/2 - C0000228868

END DATE: Sunday, December 21 at 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time according to the Lounge Server

HAT BARCODE: C0000228868
BRAND: Stetson
STYLE: Royal Stetson
SIZE: 7 1/2
CONDITION: The ultimate… And I can prove it!
MOTH NIBBLES?: No
BRIM WIDTH: 3"

C0000228868_1.jpg

C0000228868_2.jpg

C0000228868_3-1.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Johnnyphi --

Two questions:

Is the brim on this one really 3 inches? (Just making sure...)

Also, it looks like there may be some funkiness on the sweat (which is also reflected in the liner). Can you provide any further details on that?

Many thanks,
JtL

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Good Questions...

jimmy the lid said:
Johnnyphi --

Two questions:

Is the brim on this one really 3 inches? (Just making sure...)

Also, it looks like there may be some funkiness on the sweat (which is also reflected in the liner). Can you provide any further details on that?

Many thanks,
JtL

1. My notes say the brim is 3", but I guess it depends on how you measure it. Based on my other hats, I think it's probably more like 2 3/4.

2. The "funkiness" on the sweatband is just some old plastic packing material that deteriorated and stuck to the sweatband. It's easy to remove. I just didn't have time to remove it myself.

3. The liner has some minor defects, but they do not detract from this amazing hat.

(Can you tell I want it for myself?:eusa_doh: )

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Congrats, Bill! That's a nice one. I saw one of those in person once... 4 sizes too small, naturally! :eusa_doh: You will have well-deserved braggin' rights! ;)

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
Congrats, Bill! That's a nice one. I saw one of those in person once... 4 sizes too small, naturally! :eusa_doh: You will have well-deserved braggin' rights! ;)
Thank You! I really wanted this one. In fact I dropped out of the bidding on a Schoble recently because this hat was still waiting for auction. The Schoble might have been a better hat, but I wanted that Stetson brand. What can I say?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran