Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AUCTION #49: Stetson - Royal Stetson - Weekender - Size 7 - C0000228871 UNSOLD

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
END DATE: Thursday, July 3, at 9:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -4) according to Lounge Server.

AUCTION #49: Stetson - Royal Stetson - Weekender - Size 7 - C0000228871

HAT BARCODE: C0000228871
BRAND: Royal Stetson
STYLE: Weekender
SIZE: 7
CONDITION: Mint. Felt is very light weight and supple. (See GWD for insights, as he has an identical hat in 7 1/8.)
MOTH NIBBLES?: No
BRIM WIDTH: 2 1/2"

C0000228871_1.jpg

C0000228871_2.jpg

C0000228871_3.jpg

C0000228871_4.jpg

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Going once...

I haven't really explored in great detail, but I hear this hat would do well on eBay.

What do you guys think?

I know $200 is a very fair opening bid for this amazingly light-weight Stetson.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
johnnyphi said:
I haven't really explored in great detail, but I hear this hat would do well on eBay.

What do you guys think?

I know $200 is a very fair opening bid for this amazingly light-weight Stetson.

Sure doesn't seem to be much demand here for the smaller sizes. Can't help but think that hat should do quite well. Unfortunate that there seems to be no takers here. That hat is so nice I feel like putting my head in a bench vise to get down to a size 7:D

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Me size 7!

I'm definitely interested in the size 7's. Unfortunately my finances are limited. I was outbid on one nice size 7. Ah, well. I will continue keeping an a eye on these threads, however.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
$200 is a lot for a size 7, independent of condition or model (unless it's something absurd like a 1840s stovepipe). You certainly won't get $200 on eBay for this.

bk

Regardless of sizes I'm just not seeing hats of this quality AND age on ebay. I have seen and bought nice hats on ebay, but not completely virgin hats in pristine condition such as these. Maybe I am just missing them, but these seem to be on a different level than the typical ebay find[huh]

They're there. I'm surprised you haven't seen them.

I admit the Weekender is a scarce model. But there's nothing that really makes it stand out from the hundreds of other models Stetson was producing at the end of the 1940s. Zephyr weight, i guess, would make it a stand out.

But $200 for a vintage hat? I still can't get over what people are prepared to pay.

I would disagree with a "Mint" grading on this hat due to the obvious ring around the brim - upper and lower - which would, to my mind, make it pretty much unwearable. I would never be able to stop thinking about that ring, and therefore i'd be self-conscious.

bk

Just out of interest (******* this Merchant's section that doesn't allow you to edit posts. Sorry for all these; they would normally be edited into a single post) Johnnyphi, What is the weight on this one? (i.e. what does the whole hat - sweatband, liner and all - weigh?)

Interested,

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran