Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Auto ID?

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks like an old Oldsmobile to me...around 1950, maybe?

My Dad (in the picture) had a '53 Olds 88. I was thinking the car in the photo may have been his, but wasn't sure. If you think it's an Olds, then that would confirm.

Thanks!

My Dad (in the picture) had a '53 Olds 88. I was thinking the car in the photo may have been his, but wasn't sure. If you think it's an Olds, then that would confirm.

Thanks!

That is actually a 1953 Chevrolet.
1953-chevrolet-bel-air-pic-51926.jpeg

The stripe on the quarter gives it away.

Big Man

That is actually a 1953 Chevrolet.
1953-chevrolet-bel-air-pic-51926.jpeg

The stripe on the quarter gives it away.

Now that looks just about like the car in my old photo. Prior to my Dad's '53 Olds, he had a '51 Chevy (also had a '49 Chevy). I have a photo of his '49, and it's a four door. I do not have a photo of his '51 Chevy, so this is why I'm trying to get an idea as to the identity of the car.

Thanks.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
The Bel Air model, top of the line for Chevrolet that year. Probably had all the options like Powerglide automatic trans, deluxe AM radio, cigar lighter, and plaid seat covers.

Talbot

One Too Many
53 or 54 Chevrolet. The side trim was the same for both years, but I can't make out the wheelcovers.....

Anyhow, it needs a visor. Vinyl seats, bathers and the beach add up to seat burn alert!

Last edited:

Big Man

53 or 54 Chevrolet. The side trim was the same for both years, but I can't make out the wheelcovers ...

If it's a '53 or '54, it can't be my Dad's car (he had a '53 Olds by then). Therefore, it must be just a random car parked in the background of the picture.

Thanks for the help on this. It clears up a question I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy