Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumn weather at last!

Hal

Practically Family
Looks like summer 2017 is on its way out the door.
Cool drizzly morning, so I grabbed the opportunity to wear a felt hat...
I was in SE Germany when August gave way to September, and summer gave way to autumn as the month changed, with a drop in temperature of perhaps 10C plus showery rain. I echo the sentiments of the last sentence in your original posting, and would add overcoats, corduroy trousers, winter knitwear and tweed jackets to your list.

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Yep, looks like autumn/fall has made an early appearance in my part of the universe too. After a very strange summer consisitng of repeated heat waves intersperced with extremely dull, cool days, temps. now seem to have trouble reaching 20°C & night temps. plummit below 10°C, (the tomato plants aren't too happy)......in fact, we are having 'normal' september weather but it has been years since we've had normal september weather that it has come as rather a surprise.
Who knows, may even get snow for christmas. :rolleyes:

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Yep, same here. Even some of the leaves around here are starting to change already. I guess this is really normal September weather, we've usually just been treated to extended summers.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
The only thing that I really dislike about the cooler months of the year is the avaricious greed of the utilities when it comes to charging for their gas & electricity.

What gets my goat (Baa-aaa !) is when we have mild winters & so use less central heating, naively thinking we've saved some dough, the energy company (gas in my case) up their rates to compensate for their lower revenue. Although in the end, we don't actually pay more than we would have done in a harsh winter, we don't spend less either. As my old granny used to say " Any which way, you're shafted" or words to that effect.:rolleyes:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
The sun is still hot. I will go to the beach next weekend if I go to Algarve again.
The nights here are windy. Too much wind for this time of the year. Yesterday was 21ºC.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Autumn is what it is. Here in Alberta it is a short few weeks before the snow flies. With loosing weight none of my fall clothing fits properly. My Wested Leather Jackets fit big, I can wear a sweater and denim jacket underneath now. maybe that will be my fall clothing before I have to break out the Parka and Ushanka.
Johnny

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Autumn? I'll let you know when we have some. Maybe around Christmas. Though the last 2 years it was warm and sticky until almost New Year's, and the last freeze I saw here was the year I bought my current car -- Jan. 2014.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points