Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AUTUMN

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Autumn, it is my favourate season. I love the light and the colours of this time of the year. And at the moment it is sunny and warm (but not too warm) here in Berlin. It's just great.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Took a drive south of Boston yesterday and I was amazed at how many of the leaves have already started to turn. So pretty but, alas, I had no camera with me. It's dark by 7:00 here now but we've been having a little Indian Summer--bring on the cold I say!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
April in my heart...

April In My Heart

H. Meinardi / Hoagy Carmichael

There's snowflakes in the sky
And geese are flying high
But it's April in my heart again

The devil got his due
Love's holiday is through
Love and I have made a happy start again

Through leaves lie on the ground
The world just turned around
It isn't Fall at all you see
It's Spring that I have found

There's frost in Central Park
At five it's almost dark
What's the difference
When you've heard love's sweet amen

There's snowflakes in the sky
And geese are flying high
But there's April in my heart again

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Ran yesterday and noticed Halloween decorations: witches, goblins, and jack o'lanterns...
but Indian summer is still here, though leaves are falling. :)

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ah, and as temps cool we can put away the straw and begin wearing the felt hats!
th_Tip-Hat.gif
Fedora.gif

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Twitch said:
Ah, and as temps cool we can put away the straw and begin wearing the felt hats!

I get the feeling a lot of folks out there are the same in that we really prefer fur felt to straw hats? I have nothing against straw, I really like panamas, its just I'm really ready to switch to classic fur felt by fall. Am I correct in assuming others out there have preferences as well?

hargist

One of the Regulars
Absolutely. At this time of year in Los Angeles, I wear my straw hats less and less. It can still get warm, but nights cool off quite nicely.

In general, I'm an Autumn, Winter, Spring guy. There are more options for clothing and I love jackets and overcoats. I also have many felt fedoras that I put to use.

Winter in LA is like an extended Autumn. It rarely gets below the 50s during the day and though we don't get the same kind of color change, I live on a street with trees that change into brilliant shades of red and gold, and it lasts for weeks, if not months.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
fireplace01.jpg

Another vote for autumn as a favorite season.
Autumn (and winter) spent like the girl on that picture, for me equals perfection :eek: :D

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE autumn!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda