Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
I looked at that picture again.... I guess the fall of the brim could very well sugget Open Road. It's just that the notion of an Open Road in that context is quite incongruous.

Sinatra

Familiar Face
Dobbs Fifth Avenue

The hat I am wearing in my avatar is definatly my favorite! This Dobbs Fifth Avenue was signed by Nancy Sinatra at her Mystic Theatre performance 11-6-2004. I was wearing this hat in the front row that night and Nancy called out from the stage "Hey, nice hat!" :cool:
Hat_Nancy_Sinatra.jpg

I have no idea what year it was made (I bought it in a thrift shop in 1979) or even the model... if anyone has more info I would love to hear it.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
I Got The World on A String....

Welcome to the Lounge Sinatra,

Hard to believe everytime you hear "Nancy With The Laughing Face"
thats Nancy Sinatra & how old iis she now?

Boots start walking :kick:

SC :cool2:

Sinatra

Familiar Face
Solid Citizen said:
Welcome to the Lounge Sinatra,

Hard to believe everytime you hear "Nancy With The Laughing Face"
thats Nancy Sinatra & how old iis she now?

Boots start walking :kick:

SC :cool2:

Thanks for the welcome, Solid Citizen!
Nancy Sinatra was born June 8th 1940 so she is 66.
She was incredible that night. Her voice is amazing, so much control and emotion. Just like her dad's.

Sinatra said:
The hat I am wearing in my avatar is definatly my favorite! This Dobbs Fifth Avenue was signed by Nancy Sinatra at her Mystic Theatre performance 11-6-2004. I was wearing this hat in the front row that night and Nancy called out from the stage "Hey, nice hat!" :cool:
Hat_Nancy_Sinatra.jpg

I have no idea what year it was made (I bought it in a thrift shop in 1979) or even the model... if anyone has more info I would love to hear it.

Well gee, I would call it the Nancy Sinatra model now. ;) It is a late 1950s model Dobbs and it could well have come in contact with her father if the guy who owned it originally was at the right place and at the right time. :cool2:

Regards,

J

Looking through a few ads, I found this one from Dobbs:
57dobbstraw.jpg

These are straw hats but your hat has the same style and brim length. The ad is from 1957.
Stetson was putting out nearly the same style in the 1950s:
1950sStetson.jpg

I think this is a 1958 ad as well. Look at the gray hat. It is nearly the same except for brim length. The brims got smaller as time went on through the 1950s but they affered longer brims for those who wanted them. :cool2:

Regards to all,

J

Sinatra

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
Well gee, I would call it the Nancy Sinatra model now. ;) It is a late 1950s model Dobbs and it could well have come in contact with her father if the guy who owned it originally was at the right place and at the right time. :cool2:

Regards,

J

Thanks for the info jamespowers! ...or maybe the hat belonged to Frank himself (dreams BIG!) :cheers1:
Awesome pictures, thanks again.

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
CANADAVE

Not sure, but it ain't a porkpie!

David

7 7/8 L.O.

On Ebay item # 8380043225 there's a lid that looks similar to the one in your avatar... Stetson Congress.

Raindog

One of the Regulars
My pic shows a Stetson cowboy hat (possibly a Rancher) 4x beaver I got off Ebay. I cut down the brim, ripped off the ribbon, rebashed it, made a new ribbon up with a flying V bow, and assembled it. Turned out pretty good but is still cowboy stiff despite a regular pounding with my fists!
I'm still in search of a nice Fedora.

Jeff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points