Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aviation Leathercraft Irvin

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Guys, this is all well and fine and very decent of you, but remember that there's going to come that day when you're all set to go out in your beloved jacket when she comes out of the bedroom wearing the same thing. Then you'll have to go change. You will. That's how it works.

Not if you've got a Morgan/Caterham/etc ;)

Deacon211

One Too Many
Guys, this is all well and fine and very decent of you, but remember that there's going to come that day when you're all set to go out in your beloved jacket when she comes out of the bedroom wearing the same thing. Then you'll have to go change. You will. That's how it works.

LOL, already been there. That's why I've got my B-6 as a backup!

Edward

Bartender
Ha.... TBH, I'd be rather pleased if I could get the lady interested in a nice sheepskin, but it would likely never get worn. She runs much hotter than I do, and rarely feels the cold at all. Equivalent of me being fine in a covert coat when you're all in full length sheepskins!

Stand By

One Too Many
Bravo, Deacon. And thanks for posting the resulting jacket for us to see - and she'll be chuffed to bits with that.

zoran

Banned
I`m beginning to have doubts here, whether this picture of her, wearing this ALC Irvin has the thinner fleece, or not.
Perhaps Søren, or other former ALC owners can help me out here. In my opinion it looks like the same thickness of fleece, as on MY jacket, but I could be wrong. But Deacon...this is how ALC Irvins look like. Very well build indeed, and made to last for generations I think.
obs/ double click for bigger picture
View attachment 13730
View attachment 13731
View attachment 13732
View attachment 13733
View attachment 13734

At xmas time I had the opportunity to try on a polish jazz friends genuine ww2 Irvin. It actually made me feel better about my ALC. Much as Søren points out, the originals had thinner fleece, but this wartime model also was much more fragile, and the hide was somewhat stiff. That said, Andrew have presented here some extremely nice looking Irvins, so they exist indeed. But having tried a real one on, finally made me much more happy about my own ALC Irvin
View attachment 13735
View attachment 13736
hello.What is the exact weight of the Irvin raf jacket by Aviation leathercraft in regular size 40.Is it 4 kilos?Thanks.

zoran

Banned
Hello.Does anyone know the exact weight of this jacket?This is Irvin raf by Aviation leathercraft.I think.I heve read it is 4 kilos.
Thanks.

Attachments

• $_57 (26).JPG
    $_57 (26).JPG
    564.7 KB · Views: 1,387
  • $_57 (28).JPG
    $_57 (28).JPG
    583.5 KB · Views: 1,226
  • $_57 (25).JPG
    $_57 (25).JPG
    570.9 KB · Views: 1,741
  • s-l1600 (13).jpg
    s-l1600 (13).jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 887
  • s-l1600 (28).jpg
    s-l1600 (28).jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 947

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Because, let's face it, this board currently has the feel of a child who keeps asking the same question over and over again...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Zoran, we don't want you to feel unwelcome here, but Sloan1874 made a good point of perhaps your opening a new thread yourself, choose the title, and then request specific information you desire. Otherwise, you give the perception of hijacking other threads, although I feel certain that is not your intention.

Last edited:

zoran

Banned
Zoran, we don't want you to feel unwelcome here, but Sloan1874 made a good point of perhaps your opening a new thread yourself, choose the title, and then request specific information you desire. Otherwise, you give the perception of hijacking other threads, although I'm feel certain that is not your intention.
I Apologize.Sorry again.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Whoops! Sorry to have missed this request. I suddenly got a notification that there were a number of replies.

Looks like the question was answered in due course.

Welcome Zoran! Don't worry about learning the ropes here, it comes in time like everything else. :)

Truly, if you have a specific question, I find it easier to start a new thread...it just gets more looks and sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy