Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Avirex USN G-1 Goatskin Jacket Size 48

teethadore

New in Town
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG IMG_0046.JPG IMG_0043.JPG Here is a very nice G-1 flight jacket in a large size - I am not good at dating these but my guess is probably 60's or 70's - has standard looking USN Bureau of Aeronautics tag but does not have the USN perforations in the wind flap as you often see on these.

Not sure whether the reddish bakelite (?) buttons on the outer pockets are original to the jacket but are what was on it when I got it. Brass underarm ventilation grommets and belted, gusseted back, and left breast inside pocket with snap closure reading "Avirex Mil Spec".

Condition is very good - no problems - no holes, rips, stains, separated seams, big scuffs, smells in the shell, lining or elastic wool cuffs. There is an area on the left hand side of the zipper where the finish looks a bit mottled as if something were spilt on it, but it can only be seen at a certain angle and light, and I can't get it to show in the pics.

Nice, Extra-Large size - tagged as a 48 - I wear 48R and have no problems getting it on and wearing it although it is a slim military cut and rides a bit tight thru my belly (which is about 44"). Dimensions are: chest (armpit to armpit zipped and measured flat - 50", waist across middle of pockets - 46" and unstretched elastic waist cuff - 38". Sleeve center back to cuff - approx. 35". Length bottom back of collar to cuff - appox 26"

Price is $175 shipped inside USA. PM if interested - I usually accept only Paypal.

oak1971

Familiar Face
I'm not a big guy, but my Track Jacket is a 48 and barely zipped up over my chest until recently. I am interested if you have it still.

teethadore

New in Town

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy