Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Avoid this eBay item

Gamma68

One Too Many
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Th...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

This listing is fraudulent, because the seller is using photos from another completed auction by a different seller. I know this because I purchased the actual item pictured.

Wanted to let people know so a potential buyer isn't disappointed when the item that arrives (whatever it is) doesn't match the photos.

I asked the seller why photos from another auction are displayed, but received no reply.

I reported this item to eBay but doubt the listing will come down. EBay only provides so many drop-down fields to explain why you're reporting an item, and they're vague. There is no opportunity to explain the photos used in a completed auction.

Be careful out there.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I had the experience one time a few years ago of having one of my ebay listings photos stolen by someone else who listed an item using my photos. I reported the item many times, and nothing was done. I eventually found a different process for submitting a copyright complaint, and this got results within 1-2 days. Since I had taken the photos myself, I had the copyright on them, and just issued a takedown request on that basis. They did not make it easy to find the correct way to report it, that's for sure.

I think you might have better results if you engage with Ebay Customer Support directly and provide them with the auction id of the item you won, and the fraudulent listing that stole its images. The "report this item" process is very hit or miss, but I think if you're talking to a human and can get them to look at it, it might be a different story.

Blake54

New in Town
Folks, just try to remember, Ebay doesn't care about the seller or the buyer, only about how much they can skim off the top in fees. I've used Ebay for years and have watched their fees triple over time while their costs have remained flat. Getting them to expend any time and energy helping you out only cuts into their bottom line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto