Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B!Wear Caps

mr_horsepower666

New in Town
First off, thanks to the powers that be for approving my membership!
Secondly, I got word from Brett Stiles of B!Wear Caps that he's closed up shop and has retired.
I've had a bunch of caps made by him, and am sad to see him go, but the sands of time and all that stuff.
So my question to you fine folks is...who are your go-to cap companies or makers?
Most mass produced stuff doesn't work for me as I wear a 7 3/4-8 sized cap and one-size-fits most doesn't always apply to my gigantic melon.
So please...give me your favorites.
Thank you!
And sorry this picture is seemingly as gigantic as my skull.

unnamed-2.jpg

quikrick

One Too Many
Secondly, I got word from Brett Stiles of B!Wear Caps that he's closed up shop and has retired.
I've had a bunch of caps made by him, and am sad to see him go, but the sands of time and all that stuff.
So my question to you fine folks is...who are your go-to cap companies or makers?
Most mass produced stuff doesn't work for me as I wear a 7 3/4-8 sized cap and one-size-fits most doesn't always apply to my gigantic melon.
Thank you!

View attachment 484334
Cordova Caps on Etsy
Simonds Cap Shop
ID hat Shop
The Well Dressed Head (Australia)
Monsivais & Co

quikrick

One Too Many
Thank you!

View attachment 484334
Oh… welcome to the lounge.

Thank you!

View attachment 484334

Brett is a cool guy and I used to see him several times a week. He made some nice caps at great pricing.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/b-wear-newsboy.10428/page-5

I really like the nicer custom caps, but so far I’ve resisted. I’m sure they are good value, but the ones I really like are not anywhere near B!Wear pricing.

mr_horsepower666

New in Town

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know if Bret Stiles of B Wear Cap Co is still in business. I bought two caps from him several years ago and I absolutely love them. I was thinking of getting another one but his website isn't showing up anymore. The first one I purchased is a wool that is my favorite go to head cover, (even over my fedoras) with the oversized top and wider brim and the second one is a linen (for warmer weather)with the narrower body and a wider custom brim. I absolutely love his caps and they can't be beat for quality and durability. Great guy to work with and a true craftsman. I do hope he's still in business.

Xylophile

One of the Regulars
Thank you!

View attachment 484334
I've enjoyed https://hannahats.com/ since I bought a vintage 8-piece on ebay. With a new cap I started asking "can you do this, can you do that" and found they will do anything I've asked, like use a peak from a different model or leave out a liner or make a custom size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB