Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B3/B6 question

Wade

New in Town
Hi Folks!

It's getting colder up here! and I was thinking of a new (used) winter jacket! The Eastman's are stunning but way out of my price range. I was thinking of something more in the Schott or Orchard brands. Anyone every have one of these? How did you find the fit (i.e. was it too short or boxy?) and do you think this is a good price? You probably know better than me, I think it would be from the 80's.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vtg-SCHOTT-...115632?hash=item363c319230:g:rokAAOSwMHtbfoZ9

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Cheers,

Wade from Canada!

powersci

One of the Regulars
The jacket you linked to is Schott's version of a B-6. However, a B-6 doesn't have elastic around the waist or cuffs. I owned an Aero B-6 and have an Aero B-3. The B-6 is definitely cut closer to the body and the B-3 has a boxier fit. I also have a Schott B-3 which is boxier.

I'm sorry that I can't comment on the fit of the Schott B-6 jacket you've linked. One way to easily check is compare the measurements the seller has provided compared to a current jacket you think fits well. You might want to reach out to the seller and see if they'll give you a waist measurement. I've found that to be a crucial measurement as it will show you how tapered the jacket is from the chest.

Personally, I find the price for the linked B-6 to be on the high side. I bought a used Schott B3 for $200. I'd feel more comfortable getting closer to the $200 side. But again, that's just me.

Wade

New in Town
The jacket you linked to is Schott's version of a B-6. However, a B-6 doesn't have elastic around the waist or cuffs. I owned an Aero B-6 and have an Aero B-3. The B-6 is definitely cut closer to the body and the B-3 has a boxier fit. I also have a Schott B-3 which is boxier.

I'm sorry that I can't comment on the fit of the Schott B-6 jacket you've linked. One way to easily check is compare the measurements the seller has provided compared to a current jacket you think fits well. You might want to reach out to the seller and see if they'll give you a waist measurement. I've found that to be a crucial measurement as it will show you how tapered the jacket is from the chest.

Personally, I find the price for the linked B-6 to be on the high side. I bought a used Schott B3 for $200. I'd feel more comfortable getting closer to the $200 side. But again, that's just me.

Thanks ! great recommendations. Appreciate it

Cheers,

Wade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran