Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B3 Fit Check

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nicely done, can I ask were you had them made?
Of course. The Irvin is from Aero Leathers and all others from FiveStar.
The Aero is a standard size 42, but lengthened at the body and arms and tapered to the waistband.
The Fivestar are all made to my measurements.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Of course. The Irvin is from Aero Leathers and all others from FiveStar.
The Aero is a standard size 42, but lengthened at the body and arms and tapered to the waistband.
The Fivestar are all made to my measurements.
Thanks, it seems a guy can really dial in the fit with enough time, experience and getting to know one's specific measurements, something to aspire to, give me a couple of years and a few thousand dollars in bad purchases and I'll get there

MrProper

Thanks, it seems a guy can really dial in the fit with enough time, experience and getting to know one's specific measurements, something to aspire to, give me a couple of years and a few thousand dollars in bad purchases and I'll get there
To be honest... I didn't really have such a real flop. All jackets are wearable.
I was going to write a tutorial on how best to approach this. Maybe I'll do that the days.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
That's a good fittin' B-3 Jacket if you ask me.

I get a compliment once in awhile off the street' in a B-3 Jacket...

'I like your jacket' usually.

I've had a few snide remarks, of course!... but those people are looking for anything in general as a pre-text to trap you.

What was that rustlers rhapsody movie with Tom Beringer? and he says something like:

''the way a man chooses to dress is no one's business but his own'

I've had one or two older guys stop me and ask if the Jacket I'm wearing is an original, and they want to check and see if I know any history... and that makes it a pretty good conversation piece, but few people I meet in life on the street know anything about the significance of these Jackets.

Just wear it, until it's part of you.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
That's a good fittin' B-3 Jacket if you ask me.

I get a compliment once in awhile off the street' in a B-3 Jacket...

'I like your jacket' usually.

I've had a few snide remarks, of course!... but those people are looking for anything in general as a pre-text to trap you.

What was that rustlers rhapsody movie with Tom Beringer? and he says something like:

''the way a man chooses to dress is no one's business but his own'

I've had one or two older guys stop me and ask if the Jacket I'm wearing is an original, and they want to check and see if I know any history... and that makes it a pretty good conversation piece, but few people I meet in life on the street know anything about the significance of these Jackets.

Just wear it, until it's part of you.
Thanks for that, very good asvice. I fall in love with it a little more everytime I put it on; which is several times a day

Aloysius

It wouldn't take that long or cost that much for you, especially going the Five Star route, I think. (Five Star shearlings are around the $500 mark.)

I think your B-3 looks great, but it seems like a B-3 and its shape are not what you're after. Nothing wrong with that! It does mean though that you have a reference point for how you want a shearling jacket to fit, so you could order with those adjustments written out.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Very true, there is something about the history of these jackets that makes them quite appealing though. Maybe I need to also have a fitted shearling as well to cover all the bases

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I don't mind a little more room in a B-3, it should have a 'utility' feel to it and a size up is fine. Wear them until they're nice and grubby too.

For base layers, the old standby plain cotton White T-shirt (The secret weapon IMHO!!) Navy blue watch cap to balance with the Jeans, find a pair of boots or shoes that match the Jacket in colour and Bingo!!

MrProper

Attachments

• IMG_5232.jpeg
    IMG_5232.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 53

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy