Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

b3 shoulder tabs rank question

Big7

One of the Regulars
Does anyone have shoulder rank insignia on their b3 ?
I feel funny about getting one, since I didn't serve or earn rank to use it, but don't like the look of flapping shoulder tabs.
What do you guys do about that ?
Cut it ? Use rank patches ? Ignore it ?

Dav

One Too Many
I feel funny about it as well so I just ignore them, you could just sew them down as is, I've also heard of people simply cutting them off.

Big7

One of the Regulars
I didn't want to ruin the jacket by cutting them off . I though if rank insignia kind of inconspicious , like captain rank or something, maybe request from eastman to just put it on.
Just wanted to check what everyone else is doing

Desperandum

New in Town
Ignore them. If they're curled up, it's just a sign of a jacket that's had some use. I can't recall the last time I saw an original photo of one of these with rank insignia, and repros with them are few and far between.

I doubt you'd see the insignia properly anyway, on a curled and flapping tab.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Those shoulder tabs is one of most attractive features on B-3, so whether they're flapping or not flapping - doesn't matter. That's very cool detail of true B-3. Period. That's my point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana