Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BAAAAAAAD Reenactment...stories/pics please

filfoster

One Too Many
Diecke Fallshirmjaeger

Widebrim said:
Well, maybe he's re-enacting a paratrooper who was drafted in early '45, as part of a last-ditch push...lol
Looks like he knew where to hide out until they found him. I don't think he'd make the push: he'd have to wait for it to come to him. And definitely not jumping or taking off in a plane.

jeep44

One of the Regulars
DutchIndo said:
I believe if you served in any branch you can wear anything you want. You earned that right. Not dogging anyone who didn't I didn't serve and I re-enacted for years. I remember our unit had "Standards" which I thought was OK considering we were an AB Div. I remember a guy in our unit who griped about having to live up to our standards. It was not that he couldn't make the grade because he did. It was the fact he was a real Paratrooper who was at Grenada and was shot at. He earned the right to our wear uniform and I didn't.

I sold my '44 Willys MB to a young WW2 reenactor who had just gotten back from Iraq. The Combat Infantryman's badge he wears was earned by him. I was very pleased that the jeep went to someone like him.

cco23i

A-List Customer
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Bless you Ukali! Voluptuous is a much nice word than hefty!!lol

Remember it depends on the impression too! I agree about the 300 pound paratroopers, nope would never happen and the majority were young, BUT as a crew chief they had older heavier aircraft mechanics as they were not in Infantry units. That's why I do AAF ground crew, hell I are one and I am getting older and heavier (slightly) so why not! PLUS, no one really knows about what the ground crews did during ANY war! :eusa_doh:

Scott

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues said:
^^

You have a ways to go except for Air Force what is keeping you??

* Active duty Army - 42
* Army Reserves - 42
* Army National Guard - 42
* Active duty Air Force - 27
* Air Force Reserve - 34
* Air National guard - 34
* Active duty Navy - 34
* Navy Reserves - 39
* Active duty Marines - 28
* Marine Corps Reserves - 29
* Active duty Coast Guard - 27
* Coast Guard Reserves - 27

Age waivers are possible for those with prior military service.

Incredible that the (Active) Air Force and the Coast Guard top the list at 27. Also a shame that the age limit for the Army, which was 35 when I went in, is now 42, due to Iraq and Afghanistan. (But then again, the French Foreign Legion is 40...)

Davep

One of the Regulars
Gene said:
Everyone here can talk about age and weight until they are blue in the face, but the fact of the matter is, the average reenactor is going to be heavier and older than the average GI in WWII.

And it is these same guys who have the time and money to develop the hobby. Buy and keep up all the great armor pieces you see. Have the rifles and weapons for use. Bring the food, water, extras, the younger guys either don't have or can't afford. And finally have the cars and trucks to bring people to events.

Gene

Practically Family
Carlisle Blues said:
^^

You have a ways to go except for Air Force what is keeping you??

* Active duty Army - 42
* Army Reserves - 42
* Army National Guard - 42
* Active duty Air Force - 27
* Air Force Reserve - 34
* Air National guard - 34
* Active duty Navy - 34
* Navy Reserves - 39
* Active duty Marines - 28
* Marine Corps Reserves - 29
* Active duty Coast Guard - 27
* Coast Guard Reserves - 27

Age waivers are possible for those with prior military service.

Hey sorry I meant the Army Air Force of WWII, "ages 18 to 26 inculsive."

I can't get into any armed forces for multiple reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic