Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad experience with Aero Leathers.

Seank

A-List Customer
Thanks for the feedback everyone. My original concerns were most likely do to my inexperience with the brown cxl and seeing the leather under different lighting and not realizing how much the lighting would affect how I would perceive the color.
I had a seal Vicenza jacket in the past that always looked seal...regardless of light the color did not appear different. This brown CXL is a different beast. Another difference I've noticed is how much faster the CXL seems to break in. Both of my new CXL jackets are breaking in rather quickly and already show significant wear (in a good way) that my Vicenza never did even after a year. Yes the Vicenza doesn't feel as stiff out of the box, but the CXL is softening up pretty quick and at heavy wear points is already showing rub marks revealing the underlying leather...also something the Vicenza did not really do after a year. After lurking on this site for the past year or so and reading about how "tough" CXL was to break in, I thought I was in for a ride, but I'm finding the opposite to be true.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful jacket Seank. While it does look a bit darker than most of the brown CXL I have seen it is no less stunning. I'm sure it will look even better as it breaks in. Congratulations!

Seank

A-List Customer
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Looks awesome! How about a photo or two of the Cafe Racer as well? :)

Man now I'm super geeked for my Aero CR to come home! Just ordered it a week ago...certainly a ways to go...Yours looks spectacular. Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points