Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ball and chain zip pull

Update: finally got a set of balls. I’m experimenting with various color combos. Antique brass and the darker chain is bronze. The Goliath chain I don’t know if I’ll use. All of this hardware is literally pennies. No fear in experimenting or ruining anything.
5DA29487-058F-411F-AC62-77BD8D1DB6BD.jpeg

99B07F8C-CDFE-46EE-84E0-2E89BE684E06.jpeg

Maybe the Goliath for the 5oz 5 Star. It’s like the #10 main zip equivalent of this kind of pull. I need a heavy duty loop connector for this chain. It’s a size too big for what I have.
DE9F2434-ED5C-4CBF-B135-AC47BB805951.jpeg

LordOfLeather

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience — this thread was really helpful when brainstorming a fix for my board racer.

I had first made them a bit shorter but my wife thought longer was better. Will definitely be more functional with bike gloves on, but I’m thinking they look a bit too long. Curious to hear the opinions of you fine gentlemen.

Also, should I replace the hand warmer pulls to match?

IMG_9447.jpeg
IMG_9445.jpeg
IMG_9448.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience — this thread was really helpful when brainstorming a fix for my board racer.

I had first made them a bit shorter but my wife thought longer was better. Will definitely be more functional with bike gloves on, but I’m thinking they look a bit too long. Curious to hear the opinions of you fine gentlemen.

Also, should I replace the hand warmer pulls to match?

View attachment 601215 View attachment 601216 View attachment 601217

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. This was the first thing that popped into my head. ;)
Yes, I think it's a bit long.
1711086159489.png

LordOfLeather

One of the Regulars
Sorry, but I couldn't resist. This was the first thing that popped into my head. ;)
Yes, I think it's a bit long.
View attachment 601244
Perfect! Thanks for confirming my suspicions.
My wife called them nipple tastes as soon as I tried it on, even through she’s the one who suggested longer. Sometimes I think she just likes an opportunity to make fun of me. I already shortened them last night. :)

Will update with photos when I have a second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy