Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baracuta Jacket Made in England

polocoat

One of the Regulars
Trying to explain the "mystique" of wearing a MIE Baracuta is like trying to explain what sex is all about. If you haven't done it then, you don't know what your missing. All kidding aside, for me it has nothing to do with the entertainment stars that wore them. I've used them in the late 50s long before some Harrington character wore them on TV or the movies. As far as I can remember, the fact that these "stars" wore them wasn't brought to light until the 1960s when there appeared to be a decline in public demand and the cheaply made and inexpensive knockoffs appeared. Companies like Van Husen (spelling?) attempted to market these knockoffs by trying to tie them to "stars;" like Omega did with the Bond movies. I can understand that the style of the MIE Baracuta may not appeal to some however, I think you may be missing out on an opportunity to buy and wear a classic piece of international history - Like sex, try it you may like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails