Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbisio hat - Need advise

Flieger

Practically Family
Thank you guys!

I'm quite happy with how it looks now so I'll wait for the next spell of courage before I tinker anymore with it. :)

You have all been a great help in removing the "new hat jitters" from me.

Cheers
/Flieger

bennor

New in Town
Flieger said:
BTW: Are there anymore Swedes here?

You should know, you got me in here! :p

Quite a few good advices and hints you've got collected by now, any plans of going ahead with the (chemical) cleaning process?

I must get over and have a look at this beauty, fits your style and personality as a ... hat.

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks Bennor!

When it comes to Swedes, I was of course asking about people beside you and me. :rolleyes: :)

Cleaning: Well, I was "fooled" to think the hat was much worse then it actually was by the lady at the hat place. She remarked on the yellowish colour of the semi-transparent "film" on the inside of the hat protecting the top lining, and said it was sweat. I don't think it is because there's nothing on the unprotected part of the top of the side lining. On closer inspection the hat hardly seem worn at all. It was a bit dusty, yes. But a brush took care of that.

So, I'll leave the chemical cleaning for the time being - If it aint broken, don't fix it... right?

/Flieger

Speedster

Practically Family
Välkomna till Loungen Flieger och Bennor. There is at least one more swede here as far as i can remember: drownman.

But we are a few "danes" from around Copenhagen: Spitfire, Hammelby, BellyTank, Thomasbonilsson, Tinseltown and me.

Very nice hat you won in that auction.

riccardo

Practically Family
Italian hat.

Yeah....yeah...it is a lovely hat...of course: it is an Italian hat!!lol lol lol :D :eusa_clap

Best regards and welcome.
Riccardo.

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks for the welcome, Speedster and Riccardo. :)

Speedster: I guess there are not many Swedes around because Sweden has become such a poor country hat-wise. But on the other hand, It makes it easier to make bargins on the local auction sites. ;)

Riccardo: It's the BEST hat ever... but then I'm a bit biased of course. :)

/Flieger

Speedster

Practically Family
One in Copenhagen

besdor, in Copenhagen we only have one shop left. And i do not think that the rest of Denmark have any.

The shop in Copenhagen - Petitgas - opened in 1857 in K??bmagergade (same location as now) and still have the old interior from 1857 intact.

When the present owner came to Copenhagen in 1960 there were 18 mens hatshops in the City!

They sell all the current "big" makes i.e. Borsalino, Stetson etc.

They do not however cater for the owners of vintage hats. I went there with a vintage fedora once which i would like them to clean and bash. They could/would not do this as they only sold new hats.

Flieger

Practically Family
thomasbonilsson said:
Actually, I am a swede!

Hej Thomas! Nice to see another Swedish face. :)

Besdor: My experience is much the same as Speedster - You can buy hats in Scandinavia but it's hard, if not impossible to find someone who clean and bash them. Thank goodness for this forum and its friendly crew to help you out in a pinch. :eusa_clap

/Flieger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy