Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barr fedora- sent it back

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Got a Bailey Barr fedora, too similar in style and color for my Stetson. Im gonna have to pay for return shipping, so I will offer it at a good price. Brand new with tags, as you can see.

$88 shipped CONUS. Will return it say Tuesday if not snapped up.

I am a 7 1/8 and the hat is not snug at all, and wife thought it was big on me. The medium size, if you look at the Bailey of Hollywood website, says a medium fits a 7 to a 7 1/8th. This might fit a 7 1/4 but I dont know.

Here is a description of it, but my color is dark grey (really it is medium between a medium grey and a really dark gray, more like a light charcoal)

You'll feel and look like a million bucks wearing the Baily of Hollywood Lanolux Barr -- but for an affordable price! The Barr is a center-dented fedora with a 2-inch snap brim that you can wear up or down. Made of 100% virgin wool, the Barr is soft, luxurious, and lightweight. With a comfy sweatband, welted brim edge, and fully lined interior, you can't go wrong.
•Center Dent Crown
•Brim: 2"

•Grosgrain Band and Bow
•Bailey Logo

•Made in the USA

SKU: 37160-S-BLACK

http://www.thefedorastore.com/Bailey-Barr-Center-Dent-Fedor-p/37160.htm?on=Black

photo27.jpg

photo29.jpg

nice liner

photo28.jpg

tags

photo26.jpg

Last edited:

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I'm a fairly large guy and probably couldn't get away with a 2 inch brim,if you check the Best Pic Of Yourself thread you'll see what I mean,that's a full brimmed western in that pic,that's a real nice looking hat you have but unfortunately I'm going to pass on it and wait for something with a wider brim sorry ML good luck to you anyway.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Having owned a few Bailey hats I can tell you my experience with them regarding wool hats. I find they will shrink if you do not wear them a lot over time. If you like that hat and it is too big, keep it. Shim it behind the sweatband with some tissue and wear it. Over time it will fit you like it was made for you. Buy some spray for the hat, some water sealer/repellant if you are going to wear it in bad weather. If they get soaked, they will droop and you would then need to send it some place to be blocked and flanged again, unless you are skilled in doing that for yourself. I have one old Bailey that was one of my first Fedora hats, very similar to the one you have here, called an Executive. They still make one with that name but the one I have is different they changed how they look recently. The Executive Bailey I have is a higher crown, almost 5 1/2 inches to the crease. It was soaked from me getting caught wearing it out in a down pour rain storm. By the time I got home and took it off, it looked like a dead hat, drooped badly and I could do nothing at the time to shape it back. That was many years ago. I learned enough about steaming a hat and used some spray stiffener on it, that I eventually shaped the hat back to looking like it did when it was new. Lucky me. I did not know back then a hat could be blocked again to shape it. Being here on the lounge, has educated me greatly. I am still an open eyed student to learn even more. The Bailey I am talking about also lost about a full hat size, so for me to wear it today, I would have to gently use a hat jack and some distilled water, spray the inside of the sweatband, and give it some gentle pushes over time to eventually open it back to it's size. I have not worn it for a year or two, but will keep it for personal reasons, the history of the hat has a heart felt meaning to me, above the cost of the hat or it's retail value today.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
LMH2 has a great point about wool felts. They shrink over time and they don't hold up very well to the elements. I owned a Bailey "Gangster". I loved it up until it started getting out of shape. Once I bought my first true fur felt hat, I never went back.

Personally, I would get your money back and buy a vintage fedora hat through ebay or Etsy. You'll never go back to wool felts again. Try this...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=vintage+fedora+7+1+8&_sacat=0&_from=R40

The vintage felts are very high quality, and they will hold up very well to time and the elements. But above all, do what you're most comfortable with. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy