Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barter – Rare pristine vintage hats “wanted”, in exchange for a Hand Crafted.....

Barter – Rare pristine vintage hats “wanted”, in exchange for a Hand Crafted Split Cane Bamboo Fly Rod.

I am interested to know if there is anyone out there with an extensive hat collection; and who may wish to trade a few of their Rare Pristine Vintage hats, in exchange for a Hand Crafted Split Cane Bamboo Fly Rod.

This Barter can be open to more than one person.

I am not a wealthy man; and I could not afford to build a hat collection in any other way; so this is the reason for my barter offer.

I have a valuable skill; I am told by clients that I am talented craftsman. I am very detail orientated and simply put………if it isn’t worthy of my ownership, it does not go out my door. My reputation is on the line.

My hat size is 7 3/4. I like high un-tapered crowns and wide brims and I am looking for felt hats by Stetson, Borsalino, Adams, Dobbs, Cavanagh and Mallory; with Stetson’s and Borsalino’s being at the top of the wish list.

Should you be interested; this rod would be made specifically for you and it could also be inked with your name prior to being varnished; a true family heirloom to pass down to the next generation Angler in your family.

The rod would be made to fit your specific needs, in the waters you fish; something we will need to discuss in detail before I begin crafting, so you receive a rod that is right for you.

My rods are beautifully flame tempered; and they come with book matched tip sections, a rod sock and quality storage tube.

My work has a Vintage look to it. My influences in rod tapers are past Masters: Payne, Young, Dickerson and Gillum.

My work is high quality; my heart and soul goes into every rod which I make. Knowing that, you can expect a flawless work of art that performs like a dream.

I hope I have attracted someone’s attention.

I look forward to reading the reply posts and please send a PM to me through the Lounge if you’d like to barter with me.

I greatly appreciate your time in reading this post; if you know a friend that might be interested please forward it to them.

So you know, cane rod making is my hobby and a passion; I learned from a master maker. I do work a day job; so rod making is not a full time gig for me although I wish it were.

Do know that I will work diligently to complete your rod in a timely manner. I can have a rod done for you in a few months.

Thank you in advance for your interest, responses, and sharing of this post.

Kindest Regards,

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner