Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baseball Players in Hats....Not Ballcaps

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I have ALWAYS loved these old baseball pictures. Since I was a child, I have been a huge pre-WW2 baseball fan and most likely got my love of hats from watching movies such as, "The Babe," "Eight Men Out," The Lou Gehrig Story," etc.

If you have photos of baseball players in hats OTHER THAN ballcaps, post them here!

Ty Cobb & Connie Mack

TyCobbConnieMack.jpg

1910 Shoeless Joe Jackson

1910shoelessJoeJackson.jpg

1911 Ty Cobb and Christy Mathewson

1911TyCobbandChristyMathewson.jpg

1919 Ty Cobb

1919TyCobb.jpg

1921 Buck Weaver and Swede Risberg

1921BuckWeaverandSwedeRisberg.jpg

1927 Ty Cobb with George Burns of Cleveland

1927CobbwGeorgeBurnsofCleveland.jpg

1930 Frank Baker, Ty, and Jimmie Foxx in the dugout before game one of the 1930 World Series

1930FrankBakerTyandJimmieFoxxinthedugoutbeforegameoneofthe1930WorldSeries.jpg

1934 Connie Mack talking with Casey Stengel in spring training

1934ConnieMacktalkingwithCaseyStengelinspringtraining.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
COMINSKEY, CHARLES. OWNER OF CHICAGO WHITE SOX. LEFT, WITH BEN JOHNSON, PRESIDENT OF AMERICAN LEAGUE

COMINSKEYCHARLESOWNEROFCHICAGOWHITESOXLEFTWITHBENJOHNSONPRESIDENTOFAMERICANLEAGUE.jpg

Babe Ruth at Brodts

BabeRuthatBrodts.jpg

1921 Babe Ruth at White House 12-7-21

1921BabeRuthatWhiteHouse12-7-21.jpg

1924 Walter Johnson with his wife and mother at station, 9-30-24

1924WalterJohnsonwithhiswifeandmotheratstation9-30-24.jpg

Thanks for the pictures of the say hey kid... big childhood hero of mine. I saw him first at Willie Mays night at the Polo Grounds in '63... first visit of the Giants back to NYC to play the new NY Mets. What a ballplayer.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
White Sox pics from the Library of Congress (1 of 4)

1901 Chicago White Sox with owner Charles Comiskey at South Side Park
1901ChicagoWhiteSoxwithownerCharlesComiskeyatSouthSidePark.jpg

1904 Baseball team, Chicago White Sox, leaving for spring training, players gathered on railroad platform, train conductor stepping forward
1904BaseballteamChicagoWhiteSoxleavingforspringtrainingplayersgatheredonrailroadplatformtrainconductorsteppingforward.jpg

1906 Baseball player Nick Altrock, Chicago White Sox, wearing a suit, standing with his father, Christian Altrock
1906BaseballplayerNickAltrockChicagoWhiteSoxwearingasuitstandingwithhisfatherChristianAltrock.jpg

1907 Chicago White Sox president Charles Comiskey, standing behind wooden wall supported by wooden beams at South Side Park
1907ChicagoWhiteSoxpresidentCharlesComiskeystandingbehindwoodenwallsupportedbywoodenbeamsatSouthSidePark.jpg

1907 White Sox baseball player Fielder Jones, holding a suitcase and a cigar, standing in front of a marble wall in a room
1907WhiteSoxbaseballplayerFielderJonesholdingasuitcaseandacigarstandinginfrontofamarblewallinaroom.jpg

1907 White Sox baseball players Dougherty and Walsh, each holding a baby, standing in front of a passenger train car in a railroad station
1907WhiteSoxbaseballplayersDoughertyandWalsheachholdingababystandinginfrontofapassengertraincarinarailroadstation.jpg

1909 Chicago White Sox baseball player Frank Smith, wearing a suit and hat, standing in front of a light-colored backdrop
1909ChicagoWhiteSoxbaseballplayerFrankSmithwearingasuitandhatstandinginfrontofalight-coloredbackdrop.jpg

1909 White Sox baseball players and men associated with the team, wearing suits, standing on a sidewalk and steps in front of a building
1909WhiteSoxbaseballplayersandmenassociatedwiththeteamwearingsuitsstandingonasidewalkandstepsinfrontofabuilding.jpg

1914 Baseball player, Alcock, White Sox, and trainer Buckner wearing street clothes, standing in front of a building
1914BaseballplayerAlcockWhiteSoxandtrainerBucknerwearingstreetclothesstandinginfrontofabuilding.jpg

1914 Baseball player, Kid Gleason, White Sox, wearing street clothes and holding a leather bag, standing in a room
1914BaseballplayerKidGleasonWhiteSoxwearingstreetclothesandholdingaleatherbagstandinginaroom.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
White Sox pics from the Library of Congress (2 of 4)

1914 Baseball players, C Smith and Roth, White Sox, wearing street clothes, standing in front of a building
1914BaseballplayersCSmithandRothWhiteSoxwearingstreetclothesstandinginfrontofabuilding.jpg

1914 Charles A Comiskey, owner White Sox, and John T Connery shaking hands in a railroad station.jpg
1914CharlesAComiskeyownerWhiteSoxandJohnTConneryshakinghandsinarailroadstation.jpg

1914 Charles A Comiskey, owner White Sox, standing in a railroad station
1914CharlesAComiskeyownerWhiteSoxstandinginarailroadstation.jpg

1915 Baseball player, White Sox, C. Rowland standing in doorway with hand in pocket
1915BaseballplayerWhiteSoxCRowlandstandingindoorwaywithhandinpocket.jpg

1915 Baseball player, White Sox, C. Rowland walking through crowd of fans shaking hands after championship
1915BaseballplayerWhiteSoxCRowlandwalkingthroughcrowdoffansshakinghandsafterchampionship.jpg

1916 White Sox catcher, Ray Schalk, and his new bride, sitting in an automobile on a street
1916WhiteSoxcatcherRaySchalkandhisnewbridesittinginanautomobileonastreet.jpg

1921 Kid Gleason, White Sox, looking at the camera, standing in front of a building
1921KidGleasonWhiteSoxlookingatthecamerastandinginfrontofabuilding.jpg

1921 Kid Gleason, White Sox, wearing street clothes, standing in front of a building
1921KidGleasonWhiteSoxwearingstreetclothesstandinginfrontofabuilding.jpg

1922 Charles A. Comiskey, owner White Sox and wife, Nan Comiskey, standing in front of a building during the funeral of Cap Anson
1922CharlesAComiskeyownerWhiteSoxandwifeNanComiskeystandinginfrontofabuildingduringthefuneralofCapAnson.jpg

1925 Members White Sox standing on the rear platform of a passenger train car in a railroad station
1925MembersWhiteSoxstandingontherearplatformofapassengertraincarinarailroadstation.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
White Sox pics from the Library of Congress (3 of 4)

1926 White Sox and St. Louis Browns football player Harold Red Grange sitting with C. C. Pyle, Lyman DeWolf, in the grandstands
1926WhiteSoxandStLouisBrownsfootballplayerHaroldRedGrangesittingwithCCPyleLymanDeWolfinthegrandstands.jpg

1927 Baseball players, Blackburn, Barrett, and Ray Schalk, White Sox, standing in a room, wearing street clothes and surrounded by a crowd
1927BaseballplayersBlackburnBarrettandRaySchalkWhiteSoxstandinginaroomwearingstreetclothesandsurroundedbyacrowd.jpg

1927 Eddie Collins, Baseball, White Sox, standing in front of a bank wearing street clothes, dark exposure
1927EddieCollinsBaseballWhiteSoxstandinginfrontofabankwearingstreetclothesdarkexposure.jpg

1927 White Sox member, Joe Benz standing in front of a building, wearing street clothes
1927WhiteSoxmemberJoeBenzstandinginfrontofabuildingwearingstreetclothes.jpg

1929 Baseball manager Donnie Bush wearing street clothes, standing in a dugout at Comiskey Park
1929BaseballmanagerDonnieBushwearingstreetclothesstandinginadugoutatComiskeyPark.jpg

1929 Baseball manager, Russell Lena Blackburne, White Sox, holding a telephone earpiece to his ear, sitting at a desk in a room
1929BaseballmanagerRussellLenaBlackburneWhiteSoxholdingatelephoneearpiecetohisearsittingatadeskinaroom.jpg

1929 Baseball players, Cissell and Connelly, White Sox, playing baseball with a large snowball, standing on the snow-covered field at Comiskey Park, dark exposure
1929BaseballplayersCissellandConnellyWhiteSoxplayingbaseballwithalargesnowballstandingonthesnow-coveredfieldatComiskeyParkdarkexposure.jpg

1930 Baseball executive Harry Grabiner and former White Sox manager Billy Sullivan standing in the grandstands at Comiskey Park
1930BaseballexecutiveHarryGrabinerandformerWhiteSoxmanagerBillySullivanstandinginthegrandstandsatComiskeyPark.jpg

1930 Baseball player Art Shires standing next to a passenger train car in a railroad station in Chicago
1930BaseballplayerArtShiresstandingnexttoapassengertraincarinarailroadstationinChicago.jpg

1930 Baseball player Art Shires tipping his hat, standing next to a passenger train car in a station in Chicago
1930BaseballplayerArtShirestippinghishatstandingnexttoapassengertraincarinastationinChicago.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
White Sox pics from the Library of Congress (4 of 4)

1930 Baseball player Red Faber, wearing street clothes, sitting in profile atop a bench in a snow-covered dugout at Comiskey Park
1930BaseballplayerRedFaberwearingstreetclothessittinginprofileatopabenchinasnow-covereddugoutatComiskeyPark.jpg

1930 Members of the Chicago White Sox team sitting and standing in a room wearing street clothes
1930MembersoftheChicagoWhiteSoxteamsittingandstandinginaroomwearingstreetclothes.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart