Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baseball

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Going to my first pro baseball game tomorrow - Nats vs Phillies. Taking my three kids too - 6, 10 and 11 years of age. Any advice on taking kids to ball games?

m

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Bring MONEY

The games are expensive, drinks are $5, Beer is $7, dogs are $6, and who knows what else? Parking is a rip..

Have fun, the kids will love it.

I prefer TV...you can see the game better, and the bathroom is closer, as is the fridge..full of INEXPENSIVE beer. HAHHAHA.:D

Let us know how it went!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I went to my first game when I was 7 -- Fenway Park, 1970, Sox vs. Twins -- and was just overwhelmed by the sense of wonder. I'd never seen so many people in one place before -- and was actually kind of intimidated at first. So one important thing to do is reassure the kids that you're keeping an eye on them and they won't get lost in the crowd.

And yes, bring lots of $$ for souvenirs and eats!!

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Just got back from the game - a great experience. Great seats about 15 row back from the on-deck circle. We lost but had a nice little rally in the end. Got comp'd a few rows up into the VIP section so the kiddie food was free. The kids actually watched the game till the end and want to go back again. Despite the heat I found the whole experience pretty relaxing and enjoyable. I liked it alot more than the Redskins game I went to last year.

m

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany