Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bates Leathermates Leather Jacket, size 44 *Runs Small*

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Hi everyone,

I have a Bates jacket I'm going to be listing on the Bay soon, but I thought I might see if there is any interest here before I do so. The tag size Size 44, but its not really any 44 I've seen. Please see measurements below! I'd estimate a 38L or a 40, really. Design-wise, similar to most Bates' I've seen, with the seam going down the middle and four pockets in the front. Talon zippers on the sleeves, pockets, and main zip. Here are my attempts at some beauty shots. The jacket looks almost black in some of them, but its a darker chocolate brown color:

EFcOx1n.jpg

GwOstRT.jpg

7ZYhUr9.jpg

pViJjeE.jpg

XbYilJi.jpg

I would describe this jacket in "fair" condition. The leather itself is really nice. Thick and sturdy, with the majority of the wear looking really nice. However, there are three major issues I want to detail:

First, there are random marks on the leather, such as the three I've photographed below. Scratches, marks, stuff like that. Nothing that goes deep into the leather, but in some cases, it does stand out.

SF4toiY.jpg

6McMDED.jpg

sxTyIYE.jpg

Secondly, the top right chest zipper is missing the zip. Because the leather overlaps part of the zipper, it is very difficult to open this chest pocket. I honestly have not actually opened it. Maybe there's money inside?

7ZYhUr9.jpg

Thirdly, and probably where the worst wear is, there's significant ripping of the inner lining. One sleeve has two rips near the cuff. One shoulder seam has one large rip, the other has two big, albeit slightly smaller, rips. I'm not sure if this is due to the lining being worn out in the exact same place, but there's one spot that I can see under the outer armpits where you can see "past" the liner - there's a bit of white stuff that I am think could be exposed stitching? Not really sure.

p0kDfdb.jpg

ajVHkqi.jpg
xZrYJTB.jpg
ZHfKEED.jpg
Dx2agvr.jpg
soJhrnL.jpg

So, my thoughts? It's not cracking and rotting all over the place, but I can't say it's in "great" condition. I've tried to be as detailed as possible with all the blemishes so to help anyone interested in this jacket make a decision. Here are two more pictures, this time taken while inside.

And I realize in hindsight, the bulk of this post probably makes the jacket sound bad. I think it is a really nice jacket still. Just trying to let the pictures speak for themselves!

YhFQ1hJ.jpg

lj22tin.jpg

And here are my measurements...

Pit to pit: 21* Upon further review, this is more a 21 than a 21.5
Shoulder to shoulder: 18.75
Shoulder to cuff: 25.25
Top of collar to hem: 30.5

I would be happy to send pictures of my measurements (with the tape on the jacket) if anyone would like that, but I think I'm close to hitting a picture limit.

Anyway, that's about it. I have some possibly prices in my head, but no set price, so just send me an offer if you're interested. And feel free to PM if I can provide anything else. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mrfrown

One Too Many
This style is very cool! Too bad that body length will never work for me (even taking out a few inches for the collar included in measurement)

The scuffs strike me as completely non-problematic, and the tears can be fixed easily enough.

Fantastic jacket, good luck with the sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider