Battered Tan for Van Aero Teamster

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by HoosierDaddy, Apr 20, 2018.

1. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Agreed! Room for layering is the battle cry of a a person unwilling to admit the jacket is too large.

grabes, Monitor and Phil Silv3rs like this.
  2. This Battered Tan hide is quite unique looking different in various lighting. It also 'slightly' squeaks as you move. Nothing obnoxious like a couple jackets I have had, but more a pleasant quality leathery sound, if that makes sense. I'm wearing it again today inside while computering and walking back and forth to the kitchen for coffee to help break it in. I don't think it will take much. It is a comfortable leather to wear although a little stiff to begin with.
    HD

ton312 and Harris HTM like this.
  3. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

I think you definitely made the right call by getting the 38. It doesn't look too fitted at all but rather like a perfectly tailored garment. Don't think a 40 would look anywhere near as good and once it breaks in a bit, might just end up being the most comfortable jacket you have. Plus it's got action back which in my experience really makes a difference, especially when the jacket is new. It's really, really nice.

4. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Me in a nutshell.

ton312 likes this.
  5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Now I wouldn't say that. But whenever I've uttered those words that's been the case.

6. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Lol, that's literally what I've always been telling myself when I didn't want to accept the fact that the jacket is too large.

7. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

That's often true but it's also said by people who... want room for layering. :p

Edward and ton312 like this.
  8. zebedee

zebedee Practically Family

Yup- in cold weather, the Stockman gets layers under it, or... I'd be cold in those Seoul winters.

9. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Oh believe me I know. I've just found that when I utter those words I'm trying to massage myself into believing something too large actually isn't. Honestly imho a perfect fit allows for a sleek profile with and w/out a layer underneath.

10. Edward

Edward Bartender

Cracking looking jacket. A good fit on you for wearing like this, over a shirt. Knowing your length preferences, too, this is a good choice of model, as being that little it longer by design it just looks 'right'. Great hide, too - I am considering this for a Shackleton at some future point.

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  11. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Are you certain you didn’t take a trip across the pond to Scotland and get measured in person?
    The fit is bang on!
    What a score, you can be very happy with that one HD!

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  12. Vezio

Vezio Familiar Face

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  13. kronos77

kronos77 One of the Regulars

I had a sample of the battered horse. What amazed me was how quickly the highlights would burst through when I creased it up. My next jacket is the battered seal.

14. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Damn Nice !!!

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  15. Bukowski

Bukowski New in Town

HoosierDaddy likes this.