Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Battle of the Bulge Reenactment - Big Lake, MN 19 DEC 09

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
p51 said:
Amen, it's always someone who's "seen" the photo but can no longer produce it.
I agree, I'd love to see this ETO photo, as I'm willing to bet any amount that the photo mentioned either was taken after the war or doesn't have the lug at all (or conveniently got "lost somewhere" and now can't be found). This is because no such photos exists of soldiers in the field before the surrender of the Germans in the ETO with a bayonet lug on their carbine.

Way to talk down at me like I'm some talk but no walk kind of guy, who the hell are you? I know exactly where said photo is, its hanging in a picture frame in my friends workshop in Dayton Ohio with the documentation to prove its date. I do not have access to it at this time, but like I said I do have access to a May of 1944 Article talking about Carbines being used with Bayonet lugs.

Oh and I didnt realize you've seen every single photo produced during the war to know that there is no existing photos of a carbine with a bayonet lug in the ETO. You must have seen some cool photos, considering the probable millions that havent even been published yet.

p51

One Too Many
thecardigankid said:
Way to talk down at me like I'm some talk but no walk kind of guy
Hey, if the shoe fits... :eusa_doh:
thecardigankid said:
I know exactly where said photo is, its hanging in a picture frame in my friends workshop in Dayton Ohio with the documentation to prove its date. I do not have access to it at this time, but like I said I do have access to a May of 1944 Article talking about Carbines being used with Bayonet lugs.
Wow. You can't get it to. Convenient, isn't that? Boy, I didn't see that coming! Reminds me of the rocket scientist who recently argued with me that the M-20 bazooka was used in the ETO before VE day, backed only by a third-hand vet recollection when it's a documented fact that the 3.5 inch bazooka wasn't off the drawing board at the time. lol And you ask me me who I am? Who are you that we should believe any part of this when it's pretty well documented by folks who really know the subject that bayonet lugs never got to the ETO before VE day?
thecardigankid said:
who the hell are you?
Someone who's spent over 20 years researching US Ordnance, has heard this kind of talk from people all the while and has never actually seen the person claiming to have the photo actually produce it (and having it dated in some way to show it's timeframe).

Bottom line: We'll all believe it when we see it. Go over to this forum and tell them about your word that can't be disputed. They could use some good comedy there: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/

Davep

One of the Regulars
No matter how you slice it, WW2 Reenacting is about the common, not the uncommon. While the fighting, debating, and tit for tat never ends on the subject.

Davep

One of the Regulars
FinalVestige79 said:
Despite the fact that there was an "article" doesn't mean it came into effect any time around May of 44, altho the first sign of a Full auto M1 Carbine came about in August of 44.

Dylan? is that you? where have you been, are you still doing WW2 reenacting or going into prospecting as your main hobby?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany