Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beater Brotherhood

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Not quite a beater...

But this is my favorite everyday hat. It's an Adam Premier with a 2 1/2" brim. It just feels good when wearing it and is very versatile. This was taken at last years Christmas party.

NCE050020.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Wild Root

Gone Home
JP, what you show are hats I'd like to beat... eeeww man, good thing I haven't had luch yet...:p

Matt Deckard took a few photos of me wearing my "Beater" last night at Denny's... so, maybe he can post a few of them here.

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
It's under an inch of dust under my end table by my couch... it's out of sight and out of mind! Did you really give it a go over with the car?lol That poor stingy brim... if it wasn't so moth bitten I'd be happy to give it to a stingy fan here for nothing... oh well.

=WR=

Wild Root said:
It's under an inch of dust under my end table by my couch... it's out of sight and out of mind! Did you really give it a go over with the car?lol That poor stingy brim... if it wasn't so moth bitten I'd be happy to give it to a stingy fan here for nothing... oh well.

=WR=

That thing is famous I paid good money for it. :p
Car? I'll never tell. ;)

Regards,

J

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
What you have is not a beater. :D

Regards,

J

Why, thank you sir. I guess I really don't have what you would call a beater. The closest thing I have to a beater would be this 1984 Indiana Jones wool Fedora. I gave it to my stepson because he wanted to wear it to Disneyland when we go.

IM000612.jpg

IM000613.jpg

IM000614.jpg

IM000617.jpg

I never knew why I kept it around all these years, but I guess this is why.

Cheers!

Dan

I don't really have a beater. The closest i have in this Stetson 15. It was pretty beat up when i got it ... still is as a matter of fact, but it wears well:

Stet15.jpg

I got a verrrrry verrrry beat up, moth eaten, filthy Open Road from the same chap (a local, 85 year-old very rich farmer who used to buy Stetsons, now has nothing good to say about the company, and gets his hats custom made).

bk

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Nice looking beater. Wow! I bet it provides plenty of shade.:eusa_clap
Is that a 3" brim or just an optical illusion. Either way, it looks great. Can we see the verrrrry verrrry beat up, moth eaten, filthy Open Road as well?

Cheers!

Dan

havershaw

Practically Family
Here's one of my beaters. I used it the whole time I was working on my house.
ee032671.jpg

It's a 40s era Mallory Premier Quality. I got it at an antique store here in town for $5. You can't see it here, but it's full of moth holes.

I also have a great old Resistol that I love as a beater (it's a little too soiled and mothy to be used as anything else), and of course I use my Akubra Federation Deluxes as beaters as well.

side note: yes, those are my work clothes - late 40s gabardine jacket and naval work shirt. the jacket was $10 at a vintage store and is way too shabby to use for anything else.

Wild Root

Gone Home
By the way you look in that photo... looks like you came to a block wall in the progress of restoration! Oooh, I'm happy I wasn't there! lol

Say, isn't funny how the camera hides all the flaws in an item? I know my car looks like new when I take a photo of her! My car loves the camera!!! lol

Cameras are lying sacks of bricks man!lol

-=WR=-

WEEGEE

Practically Family
RAIN OF THE ALBANY TULIP QUEEN

This is my primary rain hat a 1940's Knox .... Startoliner style...its light

weight felt and it drys fast.

farrellt.jpg

WEEGEE

Practically Family
ROOT SO RIGHT...

Nobody ever mentions the moth bites in my Knox...just nice hat(.period)

havershaw,

is the hat beyond divit fixing? or is it as i had decided this would be a hat to wear when ever.

havershaw

Practically Family
I have lots of suits with flaws in them, and no one ever notices anything. I have a few hats with moth bites, but if they're not on the crown (sometimes it's OK if they're not in the front of the crown), I don't care too much. I have lots of suits with moth holes, and they generally go unnoticed.
that knox is great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner