Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beautiful '30s Suit FABRICS

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
:rolleyes: Yeah, well, it never gets cold enough to wear long johns in L.A. ... and the suit was plenty heavy as it is.

I've worn my 18oz wool trousers in the NYC summer.

Actually some office buildings are freezing in th summer as the airconditioning cranks in the summer. All the gals keep sweaters handy.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
American Silk is still around.

I used them for drapery and upholstery fabric just last year. As I was perusing their swatch books I'd often think, "That would make a nice suit." :eek:

AuctionphotosMarch020.jpg

Marc Chevalier said:
I'm hoping for Baron Kurtz to appear with an armful ...

Armfuls to be posted at weekend. I'm still fondling the suits i 'arven't seen for 8 months. Some nice fabrics amongst them - one very cool diagonal stripe tweed that i forgot i had, and a crazy crazy donegal tweed from the early 40s.

Will be vintage shopping in notting hill & chelsea tomorrow, so fingers crossed for some new additions!

By the way, for anyone into hats that can get into london - there is a veritable swathe of deadstock german/austrian summer weight fedoras in the Cheshire street branch of Beyond Retro. I picked up a beautiful brown 30s number and will be going back for a light green one. All for 18 squid a pop and lower! Seemed to be some larger sizes amongst them, too.

AND going Waayaaaaayyyyyy off topic there is a complete shearling-lined WWII flying suit (looks USAF) - jacket, trousers, hat - in the same store.

fabric to come soon . . .

bk

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quick post. Mr. Chevalier, this post is for you! I don't have time to fuss with the mannequin or the outfits, so I just dragged these out for quick pics. Enjoy!

Vintage Betty

suit_black_1920s1.JPG

suit_black_1920s1b.JPG

suit_green_1930s1.JPG

suit_green_1930s1b.JPG

suit_green_1930s1d.JPG

suit_silk_1920s1b.JPG

suit_silk_1920s1c.JPG

suit_silk_1920s1d.JPG

Dropped in past Bertie Wooster this afternoon and he just happened to have a small tweed suit (23-3-54) he was about to pack up and ship to Japan. I need to alter the trousers and have the suit cleaned, but if it wasn't for the date tag this suit could easily have been made any time between 1930 and 1960. I couldn't resist it. Here's the fabric; a cool double windowpane (blue/white) on top of a light brown tweed:

WoosterSuit1.jpg

And the 3-button notch lapel jacket fits great:

WoosterSuit2.jpg

p.s. The hat is the German lightfelt one i got yesterday.

bk

though it might . . . There's a jacket in just about your size in a similar fabric in Beyond Retro near brick lane.

here's the plaids/checks. The top two maybe a little run-of-the-mill, but nice all the same. Glenurquhart with overchecks:

GreyPlaid.jpg

BrownPlaid.jpg

The last i find super-cool. British from probably 1930s:

PurplePlaid.jpg

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy