Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Cases

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I have one like Inky's, purchased very inexpensively at Target. I have too much stuff in it to be able to hold, but it works. I keep a mug inside to hold my eyeliner pencils, as they're easier to access that way. Next to the case I have a little clear plastic organizer, also purchased in the cosmetics section at Target. I use one section for things I use frequently like primer and mascara, 2 for brushes and frequently used pencils, and one for lipsticks.

DSCF2409-1.jpg

Blondie

Practically Family
I have 3 cases, one for cosmetics i use everyday, one for cosmetics that i may use once in a blue moon and a third for red lipsticks, yes i have so many red lipsticks that they warrant their own case,
here is a pic of one of my cases, the other two are form Japan, will take some pics of them and post
Pink_Pic.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Blondie said:
I have 3 cases, one for cosmetics i use everyday, one for cosmetics that i may use once in a blue moon and a third for red lipsticks, yes i have so many red lipsticks that they warrant their own case,
here is a pic of one of my cases, the other two are form Japan, will take some pics of them and post
Pink_Pic.jpg

Where on earth did you find a case with atomic print inside???

Inky

One Too Many
Blondie said:
Pink_Pic.jpg

ohhh i do love that pink case - fess up, where'd you find it? and i am soooo glad I am not the only one with too many red lippies - mine have their own makeup bag as well (not enough for a case just yet, but when I add the new besame one it might be time!)

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
My mom found me a really cute case, it's not vintage and not particularly interesting-looking, but it has vanity bulbs around the mirror on the inside of the lid of the case, you can plug it in. Very glamorous! I'd like to cover it in a fun fabric or maybe some stickers or something of that nature

Blondie

Practically Family
DSCF2409-1.jpg

WOW you are super organized KittyT !!!
I use a MAC roll for my makeup brushes at least that way they dont get dusty from sitting out.

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
Mine's rather prosaic. I went to Walmart and bought a large Plano tackle box. I modified the shelves by removing the partitions. I'm just starting to play with makeup, so it works for now. I was going to buy a train case until I saw what Sephora wanted for one.

Speaking of weird makeup cases: I saw a bunch of stuff that belonged to a Broadway makeup artist. I forget the name, but he was big in the 70's and 80's. In the lot was his makeup case, which was a Gerstner machinist's tool box. Not cheap now, and it wasn't cheap back then.

Said box is a rather fancy wood box with metal mounts. Too pretty to use, which is why most machinists don't use them anymore. Not very portable, either.

The contents were an odd mix as well: Everything from Ben Nye to whatever the nearest drug store had...

M

Spiffy

A-List Customer
One teal Samsonite train case (with matching suitcase that I never use) is for stage makeup (basic).
One hunter-green Forecast train case is for my special effects makeup (right now, mostly liquid latex, fake blood and some hairpieces).
My personal makeup is stored on my bookshelf in various small pieces of vintage Pyrex dishes. My brushes are all in a small Pyrex mixing bowl!:)

CherryKrissy

Familiar Face
I have one like this, that I got at Wal-Mart for $20
0587259a.jpg

I wanted a proper vintage train case, but just could not justify the cost. This one has 6 trays, as well as holders for my pencils. It even locks for when I travel.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
CherryKrissy said:
I wanted a proper vintage train case, but just could not justify the cost. This one has 6 trays, as well as holders for my pencils. It even locks for when I travel.

Keep looking! I found one in a local shop for $15, complete with all the original cosmetics!

The problem I have with most traditional style train cases is that they don't have enough sections and compartments to really keep my makeup properly organized.

Dexter'sDame

One of the Regulars
To Keep 'em Clean --my favorite liners

I have a vintage train case but didn't like its configuration for makeup (too deep, not enough trays), so it's now holding my hair products instead.

For makeup, I have a vintage-looking (but modern) black case with multiple fold-out trays, similar to the one CherryKrissy posted. It sits on my vanity table for portability (ever-changing light sometimes sends me scurrying into the bathroom). My brushes stand in a tumbler next to it.

To keep the train cases and my vanity drawers clean, I line them with carefully washed plastic trays from certain brands of cookie packages. The brand varies depending on the size I need: An Oreos tray has 3 oblong sections and fits the bottom of my makeup case perfectly. When they crack or get dirty, I just rinse them out or throw them into the recycle bin.

Another favorite liner: the clear, hard plastic box from the gift pack of Fererro Rocher candies. Fits perfectly in my vanity drawer or my vintage train case, and the lids make great shallow dividers as well.

Blondie

Practically Family
lantana19 said:
I just ordered this case, it hasn't gotten here yet but it has such a cute vintage vibe to it that I had to have it. In case it might seem familiar to any of you, Pursebuzz did a review of it on Youtube.

It's the pink train case by Doll Cosmetics, available here:

http://www.beautychoice.com/products/Doll_Face_Pink_Train_Case-11827-0.html

And no I don't work for the company, I'm just a new member who has been lurking for awhile. I usually hang out over at the purse forum :)
This case is now $20 !
http://www.dollfacebeauty.com/travelkits.aspx

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
For my everyday makeup, I have a smaller transparent version of CherryKrissy's case. For travel/overnight, I have this:

BeautyCases.jpg

I got it from the duty-free at Pearson Airport - What a find! It has compartments for things you don't need! :D

Anneloes

New in Town
Goldfish said:
I think I will go with this one by H&M

DXL705_69367_D1000_61_5370.jpg

I'm currently using exactly this one, only with leopard print! That is, for the make up I use daily. I have one little drawer in the bathroom with make up I 'might also want to use often', and then one bigger drawer in the bedroom with make up I hardly ever use (think hot pink or red eyeshadow for example).

I would love to get a better way of storing my make up, I keep tossing my toiletry bags because they get so dirty because of eyeshadow/concealer/powder accidentally getting in them. After cleaning them with a wet cloth once or twice I find them too gross to keep - also the reason why I never get expensive ones :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR