Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Marks

TessTrueheart

Laura Chase said:
TessTrueheart, Sherilyn Fenn's beaty spot is sooooo beautiful, she is amazingly beautiful. And so are you! I'd love to see a picture of you sporing the spot.

Thank you! I don't think I have a picture, but now I got all inspired to paint on beautymarks!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Smuterella said:
i've always fancied having really ostentatious beauty marks like a french courtesan - in odd shapes like hearts etc. i9 recall hearing about really unusual ones cut out of fabric that were stuck to the face, in shapes like tiny, tiny coaches and horses etc.

Are those the ones that they stuck on their faces to cover up marks from pox, pest, mercury burns and other atrocities? lol

I think I've read about a product designated to draw on beauty marks ... probably in some kind of Dita-related article. It looks like liquid eyeliner and comes in a retro-ish container. Does that ring a bell to anyone?

Smuterella

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Are those the ones that they stuck on their faces to cover up marks from pox, pest, mercury burns and other atrocities? lol

I think I've read about a product designated to draw on beauty marks ... probably in some kind of Dita-related article. It looks like liquid eyeliner and comes in a retro-ish container. Does that ring a bell to anyone?

Apparently Marilyn Monroe used good old Quink Ink to accentuate her beauty mark. Seems like a good idea as it wouldn't sit on the skin but soak into it.

Inky

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:

I do remember having a product about 15+ years ago called "Beauty Mark in a Can" or something of that sort (I tried googling it but no luck). It was a small can of the type bandaids come in and had a little bottle of a black liquid (probably eyeliner) and these pointy cotton applicators like a very pointy q-tip.

I have some of those pointy cotton applicators that I just got at the drugstore (CVS) that I use to correct mascara and eyeliner mistakes....hmmm, maybe this weekend's car show is a good time to give a beauty mark a test drive ;)

edited to add: just found some stick on dots online - what goes around comes around my Nana used to say!

Naama

Practically Family
I have a natural beautymark under my right eye, but it's not close enough to my eye :/ But since I have the natural I can't paint a new one on, because I would first have to cover the natural beautymark and I think that would be rather odd somehow (post pic later)

Naama

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I have a beauty mark under my left eye and a small mole above the left corner of my lips. They are both super small and I never mind them. I know some models use beauty spots to cover up pimples. Of course, this would probably only work if breakouts were infrequent and very small.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One on each cheek

Which drove me crazy in my extreme youth (in the 70s), and I used to paste sequins on to cover them! It was the glam era.

As I get older, they are fading out to the point where now I enhance them with my eyebrow pencil so they will show again. How we change!

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
ShrinkingViolet said:

yes, its by a company called Temptu.:)

MissHannah

One Too Many
I used to have a real one on my upper lip:

18574112_l.jpg

But as I got older it just kept getting bigger and closer to my lip and the pigment was fading too, so I was ending up with what looked rather like a big wart! So when I was 30 I got it chopped off. I've got 1.5 inch scar from it (so I can't really draw in a smaller version of it!) and I lost a bit of my lip to the scar but I don't regret it at all. Now I enhance a real mole (a small flat one) on my cheek. I use brown eyebrow pencil as it's drier than eyeliner pencil. You can't see the scar in this photo though - good foundation skills and a flattering flash!

l_8661731378e485b4902d2ea5b1da42-1.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
I have a small one just above my lip. It's never bothered me much, but maybe that's because my mother always told me it was a beauty mark. So much nicer than "just a mole." ;)

DSC00943-1.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
Sunny said:
I have a small one just above my lip. It's never bothered me much, but maybe that's because my mother always told me it was a beauty mark. So much nicer than "just a mole." ;)

DSC00943-1.jpg

You see if mine had stayed looking like that I totally would have kept it! So cute and pretty.

texasgirl

One Too Many
I've got one on my cheek. I've had it since I was about 5. I had a cyst above it removed and the plastic surgeon was like, I can take that off too? But I kinda like it for now, but it will be removed if it ever gets close to the wart-like stage -lol.

IMG_2340.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari