Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Marks

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
texasgirl said:
Aw, thanks Darhling! I have thought about drawing one on too, but I think it would be too much-lol.

You can just accentuate the one you have, if you want a bit more 'drama' or maybe add one at your eye on the opposite side, that could work!

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
Fake, kinda. It's really light brown I just accentuate it with a black pencil. I love it!

hotrodmama0201

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
texasgirl said:
I've got one on my cheek. I've had it since I was about 5. I had a cyst above it removed and the plastic surgeon was like, I can take that off too? But I kinda like it for now, but it will be removed if it ever gets close to the wart-like stage -lol.

IMG_2340.jpg
Oh my god, look at that incredibly gorgeous hat...

texasgirl

One Too Many
Thanks Miss 1929! :eek:fftopic: Funny story- I saw a hat box that had advertising on it- the store was my last name! So I had to have the hat box. Then the tag said $12 hat included. I look inside and there it was! So fantastic! So now I'm always looking in hat boxes at antique stores :)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Who's got 'em, who fakes 'em, and who cares?

babyjane.jpg

Beauty marks have been worn since the Renaissance, even in the shape of hearts. Some have been tattooed on, like Dita Von Teese's, and some are famed (and rumoured), like Marilyn Monroe's. We know that many Golden Era beauties darkened their own or applied false ones to enhance their looks.

Jean Harlow's was usually on her cheek or chin:

Jean_Harlow-01.jpg

Monroe's was on the left side of her mouth:

beautyymarkmonroe.jpg

Elizabeth Taylor has sported them in her time:

beautymarktaylor.jpg

I have a small one under my right eye, and occasionally darken it for effect. Does anyone else wear a beauty mark?

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Nope, I think I used to have one, but acne scars and sun and freckles have long since overshadowed it. On occasion I'll put one on for fun.

Kinda related but not really

"Sexy moles"

I have a friend who has a mole on her back and refers to it as her sexy mole. She loves to show it off. Lox cut dresses, swimsuits, and luvs to point it out. We were modeling prom dresses and she saw the mole on my back and was like "You have a sexy mole too!" I don't really think about moles, but what do you ladies think. Sexy moles?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I have a very prominent mole in the middle of my back, too. But it itches me CRAZY! And my doctor won't take it off! :(

Mabye if I rename it my "sexy mole," it'll stop being such an itchy beggar.

Anyway, I like my beauty mark better :D

beautymark1.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
I have one about an inch to the right and just slightly lower off the corner of my lip. I have darkened it in the past, but not in a very long time.

I've always wanted one near the corner of my eye and have pondered tattoo or piercing there many times, but never done that (hahaha, can't commit).

They are sexy though, I agree!

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
I always draw one on over a tiny, faint freckle I already have under my left eye.
shavedmohawk003ed.jpg
I would love to get it tattooed if I had the cash. And I love Whatever Happened to Baby Jane

cupcake

Familiar Face
As most tattoos are priced by size/time a simple beauty mark shouldn't cost all that much.
I have one on my cheek, much like Harlows. I think I'll get it tattooed during my next session on my calf.

Espiadimonis

New in Town
I've got two on my left cheek. But they're not in separate places, oh no, they're together. One just below the other, with less than a mm of separation between both. They're tiny and faded, so they usually make my bad skin look worse :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari