Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Marks

Marchoiness

New in Town
I was blessed with my birthmark. right on my cheek lol...a lot of people ask if its real lol...i love it becuz it adds a lot of character.

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
I have several marks on my face, three very noticeable on my chin in the same area. Luckily, must of my moles ("beauty marks") are not noticeable when I wear makeup... and they are all placed well to masquerade as beauty marks. However - I was born with the mole gene (thanks Mom!)... there are so many I desperately want to get removed. I've always been a bit self conscious about them, especially those that are very noticeable on my face/arms/neck.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
Huh, this thread kind of made me remember I have a mole about a finger width to the right of the bottom of my nose. When I say remember, I've just realized that the pigment has faded out so much that I do forget it is there. You can see the shape, but it used to have a fair bit of colour to it.

Maybe I'll play with touching it up and see what I think.

So, is there a difference between a mole and a beauty spot?

I read an historical novel set in the 18th century a little while ago. One of the main characters gets smallpox and is left with scars. She starts wearing velvet beauty spots to cover over the worst of them.

Lenore

Practically Family
I suppose I had never thought of it, but I not only let mine show today, I actually accentuated it. I feel like a different person.. in a good way!

Beautymark.jpg

Please ignore goofy phone camera pic. :)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I have two prominent moles on my forehead which I want to have removed. I used to not worry about them and cover them with concealer but now to look at them or accidently touch them they make me feel sick ! I would rater have the scars from the removal and I also think they would be easier to cover.

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
MissMera you look great! :eusa_clap

I love beauty marks, and have one on my left cheek. I also have the "mole gene" too, and have noticed more cropping up on me from time to time. I like them (I feel like a walking star chart), but do get nervous when I head to the dermatologist for "spot checks". I use SPF up the wazoo when out in the sun, but sometimes that isn't enough.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I have two but they aren't on my face. One is on my left side/rib area, here is a photo of the other it is on my back/ upper left shoulder area. (please excuse the mas amounts of makeup, this was after I was done with a pageant, so stage makeup really)
MF3.jpg

VintageLove

New in Town
Grant Fan- Me too! I have a ton of beauty marks all over my body (finger, arm, stomach...) and none on my face, but my other 3 siblings all have a beauty mark on their face (one of my sisters has two!!)... I've attempted to draw one on before, but it just wasn't the same for me. In any case, I do love seeing others them on other people, especially when they're accentuated correctly :)

And MissMeraRose, your beauty mark is stunning. wow!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
VintageLove said:
Grant Fan- Me too! I have a ton of beauty marks all over my body (finger, arm, stomach...) and none on my face, but my other 3 siblings all have a beauty mark on their face (one of my sisters has two!!)... I've attempted to draw one on before, but it just wasn't the same for me. In any case, I do love seeing others them on other people, especially when they're accentuated correctly :)

And MissMeraRose, your beauty mark is stunning. wow!

Vintage Love I actually do have one on my face but it isn't very big and since I am so fair my makeup covers it right up.

Lenore

Practically Family
Grant Fan said:

Vintage Love I actually do have one on my face but it isn't very big and since I am so fair my makeup covers it right up.

Ditto, which is why I've been playing with it lately. I'm liking it. :)

My favorite beauty mark I have is on my least favorite part of my body, just by my belly button.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
I have two prominent moles on my forehead which I want to have removed. I used to not worry about them and cover them with concealer but now to look at them or accidently touch them they make me feel sick ! I would rater have the scars from the removal and I also think they would be easier to cover.

If they do it right, it shouldnt scar
I had one on the top of my head that had to be removed back in the 8os because it changed color. No scar where it used to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails