Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Marks

Kiri

One of the Regulars
I've got like 12 on my face. None of them are raised though, and only a couple are actually noticable. The rest are so tiny I never noticed till I counted them today. I'll get a picture later. :)

Cora

New in Town
Ohhh, I like this topic!

My beauty marks were always a controversial issue with me when I was younger. I hated them, hid them with my hair or covered them up. My mother and I have one above the left corner of our lips, and it made me angry that everyone would be like, "Ohh, you look just like your mother! Look at that mole!"

Now.. I flaunt them! I still look quite a bit like my mother but, that mole above my lip has really grown on me :)rolleyes: No pun intended) I have two others you can't see in the picture, but they're lighter birthmarks, not moles. Just below the corner of my left eye above my cheekbone.

Also, LOVE the wiggle dress. It's a dark mocha with caramel and bright electric blue stripes. Found it at Value Village!

Kiri

One of the Regulars
You can see one in this picture:

67464073.png

And I think most of the more obvious ones in this picture (forgive the obnoxious pimple):

2.png

MissHannah

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:
If they do it right, it shouldnt scar
I had one on the top of my head that had to be removed back in the 8os because it changed color. No scar where it used to be.

I don't know what causes the scarring with mole removal - possibly the type of mole or 'depth'. I had a mole removed from my upper lip when I was 30 - it was about 5mm across and very raised. I went to a private plastic surgeon who had removed moles from a friend of mine's back and left no scars at all. Unfortunately I was left with an inch long scar that runs into my lip. I don't mind it much and it isn't terrible, but make sure that you would be happier with a scar than the mole before you get them removed.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
I don't know what causes the scarring with mole removal - possibly the type of mole or 'depth'. I had a mole removed from my upper lip when I was 30 - it was about 5mm across and very raised. I went to a private plastic surgeon who had removed moles from a friend of mine's back and left no scars at all. Unfortunately I was left with an inch long scar that runs into my lip. I don't mind it much and it isn't terrible, but make sure that you would be happier with a scar than the mole before you get them removed.

That is something that concerns me. I have a few on my face that I would dearly love to have removed, but what if the scarring is worse? I suppose scars are easier to cover with makeup.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Here is a close-up of it to give you an idea. I don't especially put any make-up over it other than foundation and powder, the same as rest of my face. As you can see, it isn't really bad, but it is visible and I did lose a little notch of my upper lip-line.

4967509108_372f8deee1_o.jpg

baby_butterfly

One of the Regulars
hmmm I have 3 and I hated them for years. I have a fair few freckles, so the three beauty marks (two on the lower half of my left cheek, one on the right) seem to be an extension of that. I dont mind them at all now but I dont bother to darken them or anything.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
Here is a close-up of it to give you an idea. I don't especially put any make-up over it other than foundation and powder, the same as rest of my face. As you can see, it isn't really bad, but it is visible and I did lose a little notch of my upper lip-line.

4967509108_372f8deee1_o.jpg

That's not bad at all - just looks like you have a slightly shady past...

I am seeing a dermatologist next week, I will discuss it with him then.

MirandaFern

Familiar Face
Puzzicato said:
That's not bad at all - just looks like you have a slightly shady past...

I am seeing a dermatologist next week, I will discuss it with him then.

I had two marks removed from my face about 10 years ago, because they were starting to change color.

I was fortunate enough to have a dermatologist who was willing to refer me to a plastic surgeon. With makeup you can't see them at all.

I'd snap a picture for you, but the lighting in my office is terrible today.

BoPeep

Practically Family
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Annie. Lots of beauty marks passed down through my mother's genes. Loads of them on my upper back and forearms. Never really cared or bothered by them. Happily found a new one above my upper lip! When I'm in the mood, I darken it.

IMG_1923-1.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
I have tons but as I get older, despite having stayed out of the sun, they get bigger, lighter, splodgier and more surrounded by blobby looking freckles. It doesn't bother me hugely but I do envy those girls and women with that pure skin tone, punctuated by the odd cute little flat mole here and there.

My mole was removed by a plastic surgeon - the top one in my area at the time apparently. The mole was big and raised so I don't think he particularly did a bad job, but it was the stitches that left the most obvious bits of the scar, so maybe his sewing skills weren't up to much! This is the last photo of me I have with the mole:

l_f7850f170bab4c388071cf853b4fe24c.jpg

I know that if a mole is catching or hurting like some of yours Annie, they will remove them on the NHS and it's much better to get it done when you are younger as your skin is more resilient and less likely to scar. If they are bothering you go to your GP post-haste!

MirandaFern

Familiar Face
MissHannah said:
My mole was removed by a plastic surgeon - the top one in my area at the time apparently. The mole was big and raised so I don't think he particularly did a bad job, but it was the stitches that left the most obvious bits of the scar, so maybe his sewing skills weren't up to much! This is the last photo of me I have with the mole:

I think he did a great job. Having a skilled stitcher makes all the difference.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I took have a few beauty marks, or moles. On face, arm, etc. Doesn't bother me a bit! Sometimes I even darken one of the ones on my face, as I have two in positions I like. I usually darken the one near the end of my eyebrow..you can kind of see it here.

X
BD
PS excuse the tissue in the ear..forgot my ear plugs!

picture013sm.jpg

PSS There use to be an excellent product on the market, I can't remember what it was called but will look. Anyhow it came in a metal tin, and it was a tincture of ink, just for excentuating beauty marks! I still have my tin somewhere.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I had the mole on my forehead removed yesterday. It will probably scar like a chickenpox mark, which will be much less obvious that what it was before! But I am walking around with an enormous plaster on my face, looking like a bit of a tit.

annet

One of the Regulars
i have a small one right above my upper lip and another one on my lower eyelid, it makes it look like my lower lashes clump together. i do get quite a lot of freckles in the sunlight.

slightly off topic: my boyfriend has two marks right on the tip of his nose, they're adorable :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner