Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beckham's Suit

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
no. it's a different suit.

Re: reasons for going to mediocre league. All the talk here is that the talentless hanger-on wants to set herself up a Hollywood career. And he does whatever she wants him to do.

bk

Talentless? With that trout pout? There has gotta be a job for her somewhere in Hollywood!

Jovan

Suspended
Pardon me for saying this... perhaps I'll get ostracized here for it... but why all the complaints?

I see talk on here about how the good old days of clothing should come back, which include things like peaked lapel single breasteds, double breasted suits, tweeds, waistcoats etc. Yet whenever anyone attempts it in the mainstream, they're attacked for doing it "wrong" in some way on here. One thing at a time, guys. I realized things should be made better, better cut, and with good materials. I want it to be like the old days as much as anyone else here does. But cutting down the people who at least attempt to have good style within the confines of what there is isn't very productive.

Just my two cents.

Tumbleweed

New in Town
I agree fully, whilst Beckham has a habit of wearing ill-fitting fashion-victim suits I can't see anything wrong with this current ensemble, aside from a touch of blandness.

All I see is a nicely-fitted suit in an elegant light grey with suitably proportioned peak lapels. I'd personally have more colour in the whole arrangement, but then I'm not arguably the world's most famous soccer player with my headline-grabbing superstar wife in tow.

edit : it's also clearly, without doubt, the same suit in both photos. The latter is just over-exposed. Unless of course he did two press conferences with Ms.Spice wearing the same dress.

On the same day.

i don't think anyone doubted that the 2 peak lapel suits are the same.

But they are not the same (or it would seem not) as the M & S England team suit sported by the players in the link someone provided . . .

RichardsRobboRioAJ_L.jpg

bk

Tumbleweed

New in Town
The question, which you answered, was raised by Prairie Dog, apparently comparing the photos he posted to the initial post in the thread.

Unless he was referring to Dagwood's second link, in which case starting his post with a quote from the opening post, containing an unrelated photograph, is only going to lead to confusion.

And yes, the M & S suits are quite bad, if mostly for the very uncomfortable posture displayed in the photograph.

Rooster

Practically Family
Together they sort of serve as the 'everyman's' star couple that everyone loves to hate yet are still fascinated with.
Could of fooled me, never heard of either one. Figures they would be big stars and me know absolutly nothing about either one!
That suit is butt ugly, star or not.....lol

John K Stetson

One of the Regulars
Prairie Dog said:
[/IMG]

This is what he'll really be wearing.
21238_hp.jpg

Pity none of his press people noticed the missing button on his right sleeve. Or, giving benefit of the doubt, perhaps it came off sometime during the event (you can also see this in the slide show (upper left link) in the story linked from the original post).

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
well, since Manchester United has approx 3 billion fans, by some estimates (and rabid fans, at that), i suspect just a few people know who he is.

Exactly what I was saying!....I would suspect more people globally know who Beckham is...then watch the 'World Series", (misnomer really, should be the north american series), and know who the famouse players in the US major baseball leagues are.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Posh and Becks

My wife has just had a program on about Posh buying the new 'Beckingham Palace' in LA. She is kinda funny in a bizarre sort of way...

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
I don't believe it...

...Vanity Fair magazine has just announced its 'best dressed' list, and predictably, David Beckham is in it. No surprises there. But guess who VF defines as Beckham's style icon (i.e who he bases his look on). Steve McQueen. THAT Steve McQueen? Can anyone explain this to me? Did I miss Mr. McQueen in a sari or with extensive tatoos?

Alan

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
Exactly what I was saying!....I would suspect more people globally know who Beckham is...then watch the 'World Series", (misnomer really, should be the north american series), and know who the famouse players in the US major baseball leagues are.

Miss,

Isn't it called 'The World' Series after the newspaper of that name?

Alan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou