Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beckham's Suit

Dagwood

Practically Family
Becks was introduced to Los Angeles today wearing a peaked lapel suit.

beckham1.jpg

P.S. Sorry about Posh, but the picture was all or nothing.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Dagwood said:
Becks was introduced to Los Angeles today wearing a peaked lapel suit.

Is that the same suit? Looks like a lighter shade of gray.
21240_hp.jpg

This is what he'll really be wearing.
21238_hp.jpg

And here's a better picture of Victoria.
21239_hp.jpg

Beckham's arrival in the United States to play for the Los Angeles Galaxy has been perceived by some as a desperate attempt to inflate an irrelevant sport and by others as a cash-grab. The sport is not irrelevant to the thousands of "soccer moms and dads" who attend games each week. I believe that Beckham will help accelerate soccer's growth in U.S.

Jovan

Suspended
Official Tailor? I see no actual tailoring going on, just talk of made to measure. What.

I'm more inclined to look at the positive side of things. Marks and Spencer are not perfect suits by any means, but this may bring some popularity back to the three piece suit -- always a good thing.

Feraud

Bartender
Jovan said:
I'm more inclined to look at the positive side of things. Marks and Spencer are not perfect suits by any means, but this may bring some popularity back to the three piece suit -- always a good thing.

Beckham isn't wearing a three piece suit.

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Another thing...I don't want a bunch of no style fashionistas to start wearing three piece suits...Why? They'll probably do it in a horrible way and further stigmatize them by the end of the fad...Also, as selfish as it sounds I like to be the only one in the room wearing a three piece suit....makes me feel special.

Dagwood

Practically Family
According to the local paper, he was wearing a 1-button Burberry.

Prairie Dog said:
I believe that Beckham will help accelerate soccer's growth in U.S.

Please let this be true. Except for a few professional players, watching American soccer makes me want to pull out the rest of my hair.

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
Dagwood said:
Please let this be true. Except for a few professional players, watching American soccer makes me want to pull out the rest of my hair.

:eek:fftopic: Can you catch Mexican games where you are? Those can be quite fun.

Although I was really spoiled, being in Germany last year...:)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Roger said:
Someone, please help this workaholic who does not know who this guy is, what he does, or who the gal is, and what she does?[huh]

David Beckham...aka Beks...etc...

World famous footballer, (thats soccer player to the USAns), plays for England's national team in things like World Cup, etc. HUGE HUGE star.....think <insert NBA or NFL top star name here> level of things.

As for her...she is Victoria, his wife. Her only claim to fame is she was in the Spice Girls...Posh Spice. She tried a solo career but it tanked..

Together they sort of serve as the 'everyman's' star couple that everyone loves to hate yet are still fascinated with.

He accepted a contract to play soccer here in Los Angeles. Not necessarily the best move for 'soccer reasons' but who the heck knows....maybe he was bored and wants to help out world soccer by finally getting the US to fully climb on board the rest of the globe's sport.

I am sure there is more..and I am sure this is innaccurate...so have mercy on correcting me folks....was just trying to answer his question

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80