Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traditional Men's Suit Styling and Cut

deCressy

New in Town
Can anyone tell me where I can find men's suits in true traditional styling? The current so-called traditional styling makes a man look like a 14-year-old boy wearing the suit he got for his 11th birthday; You know what I mean, the ones where the bottom of the jacket strikes somewhere just below the wrist )? Obviously, I can have suits custom-made, but due to time, money and convenience constraints I would like to buy something off the rack. Back in the day Brooks Brothers was a good source. Alas and alack, the Brothers, too, have gone au courant.

jchance

One of the Regulars
You may want to check out the remaining men’s shops that are dedicated to trad style: Andover Shop, O’Connell, Cable Car Clothiers (which carries Southwick), maybe J. Press, Oxxford main line, and Hickey Freeman.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
There are some great repro / vintage adjacent brands in the UK as well if you don't mind shopping at a distance. Cathcart Heritage I'm particularly fond of. Not cheap, but nice. They do a wide range of options in M2M now as well.

Cathcartheritage.com

At the more affordable end of the scale, last Autumn I bought a DB suit from Revival Vintage's repro line. Basically a DB demob suit. Lovely hand to it. It is a blend (50/50 wool-poly) which will put some off, but you'd never know it to feel it. Very affordable, the same price or a little less that the better high street stuff in the UK.

Cuvier

One of the Regulars
Chester Cordite is a repro clothier. I've been very happy with what I have so far. I am looking to get a suit from them to.
I will also vouch for Revival Vintage. Nothing but good experiences from them. A bit lower quality, not at all bad though. Just a few odd stitches that work but aren't attractive.

deCressy

New in Town
You may want to check out the remaining men’s shops that are dedicated to trad style: Andover Shop, O’Connell, Cable Car Clothiers (which carries Southwick), maybe J. Press, Oxxford main line, and Hickey Freeman.
Thanks! I'll take a look!

deCressy

New in Town
Chester Cordite is a repro clothier. I've been very happy with what I have so far. I am looking to get a suit from them to.
I will also vouch for Revival Vintage. Nothing but good experiences from them. A bit lower quality, not at all bad though. Just a few odd stitches that work but aren't attractive.
Thanks! I'll take a look!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner