Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benefit concert in Colorado this Sunday

Pilgrim

One Too Many
In a separate thread there is a discussion of Colorado activities....I want to highlight a charity concert my band is playing this weekend.

I play in a surf band Called Vintage Winds (code for Old Farts - check our YouTube channel at the link) and we are playing this Sunday from 12:30-2:30 for the Ghostriders annual benefit event. The site is the Sundance dance hall on East Mulberry (Highway 14) in Fort Collins, CO. I'm the bass player.

Here's a rundown on the event, which is run by Ghost Riders:

Ghost Riders, Inc. is a non-profit motorcycle organization that hand selects and raises money for people and/or groups in need from Northern Colorado. Each year the Ghost Riders fundraiser consists of a Father’s Day Poker Run followed by a Buffet and Auction at the Sundance Steak House and Saloon in Fort Collins.

The first year it raised $8,000 for the Laramie River Valley Rendezvous, a foundation that helps at-risk teenagers. The 2nd year the Ghost Riders Inc., Poker Run raised $18,000 for the Nick Gaucher Family. The 3rd Year Wyatt Simper received $8,369 and the 4th year the Crego family received $7000. This year the Ghost Riders have chosen Blake Cummins as the beneficiary of the 5th Annual Ghost Riders Father’s Day Poker Run.

Blake is a 6 year old kindergartener that had open heart surgery when he was only 3 months old, and again at age 3. One year later Blake was diagnosed with leukemia and has been traveling to Children’s hospital for chemo for the past 2 years. Thankfully it ends in August. During those years, Blake has been hospitalized several times, almost losing his life each time. With all this going on, last July Blake’s Mother also under went heart surgery and was in intensive care for 30 days and lost her job. Last December, Blake’s Father also lost his job and is currently working two jobs to make ends meet. He goes uninsured, while they pay $500/month for Blake’s Mom’s insurance. The Cummins family is in danger of losing their home due to the thousands of dollars of medical bills.

All of you who live in the area from Denver to Cheyenne or Laramie are invited to attend. The music will be good, and there will be a tasty buffet and auction.

Besides, don't you want an excuse to come out and cruise in the Colorado sunshine?

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Great!! I'll be the one with the bass - please come up and introduce yourself. We'll have a break between sets for announcements, so there will be plenty of time. :D

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Bump because the event is tomorrow. Map to the Sundance HERE.

My band starts playing at 12:30 PM - buffet starts then, auction will be after we finish about 2:30.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Thank you for coming, Paisley. It was a real pleasure to meet you. I hoped to have a longer break so i could chat with you at more length, but as it turned out the breaks in the program were very brief. I really liked the hat you wore (VERY summery and feminine) and it was a pleasure to have a longer attend. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner