Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benjamin Button Fedora

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
lol lol lol Well, that's ONE way Kabuto. There are many ways I'm told, but for me that's a pretty tough thing to do. I just can't seem to put 8 hours work into a hat only to destroy it. It's OK for someone else to do, just not me. I would liken it to self dentistry...maybe it could work but sure would be painful

Neil

A-List Customer
Eight hours?

Eight hours is what it takes to make one hat?
Wow. I did not know that.
I've said it before: You should charge more.

Viper Man

Banned
Neil said:
Eight hours is what it takes to make one hat?
Wow. I did not know that.
I've said it before: You should charge more.

I own a VS and it's worth every penny (and then some). I intend to buy another as soon as I can afford to but for god's sake, keep that sentiment to yourself! I am sure Art will raise his prices if and when he sees fit.

I bet you're the kind of guy that pays full price for used cars, too. [huh]

Neil

A-List Customer
Full price . . . .

Nope. I can be pretty stingy. But I am willing to pay fair value, or at least what I think is fair value.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
We went to see the movie today and it was really great. It seemed that Pitt wore atleast 4 different fedoras during the course of the movie. They were similar colors but the ribbon treatments were different.

The first had a wide ribbon that crossed over itself with two buttons were the bow would normally be. Similar hats have been posted by members here.

The second had a slightly narrower ribbon with a conventional bow

The third had a significantly narrower ribbon with a conventional bow

The fourth had a wider ribbon with a conventional bow, but the ribbon seemed darker than the ribbons on the other hats. The bound edge was also significantly wider than the other three, though a similar color. I would guess that this one was Arts hat with the whippet style bound edge, but they all looked great.
The first couple hats had the brim either up or down in different shots.

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
All the hats in this movie looked great. I especially loved the first cream colored fedora he wore. It was dirty and had a bit of taper and it looked great, just really well loved and worn. Great bash.

dostacos

Practically Family
Art Fawcett said:
Interesting stuff Sir. I found the film file and boy, I'm getting old!! I didn't supply any clothing at all on this film, just made one hat for the Pitt character and they wanted to know how to "age" it as it was too new looking. ( duh). My memory is going ,,that IS the second thing to go,,,right???
yeah the sense of smell is first....aren't you glad about THAT:rolleyes:

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
hatflick1 said:
While I think of it, "Revolutionary Road", the new DiCaprio film about the isolation of marriage in the suburbs back in the fifties, is also a fantastic hat flick. Loads of crossover fedoras bridging the thirties to the coming space age. Honestly, the movie is very disappointing, leaving one to better appreciate "Mad Men".
Just a bit of trivia: I was visiting Gary White (the Master Hatter) in Buffalo the summer before last as he was making the very hat DiCaprio wears in that movie. It looked pretty sweet up close and personal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner