Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berlin, Prague, and Vienna

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Hats in Europe

We have been to Europe 7 times in the last 7 years and I have seen few fedoras in any country we have visited. These include Germany, France, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Italy, Switzerland and Spain.

Italy really surprised me with only a few old men wearing what looked like very old and crumby looking hats. Never coordinated either, e.g. plaids and stripes, etc...

BTW, a fellow I met in Wales admired my Stetson fedora and asked a lot of questions about Stetsons. I sent him a Chatham Sovereign from Noggintops when we got home hoping to spread a little pro-American good will. He was thrilled and sent me pics.

jeboat:) :) :)

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
Seeing lots of hats in europe seems to run counter to what most others have described.

I do think in the U.S. there is a general upward trend though, which hopefully our resident retailers can verify.

Joel

astaire

One of the Regulars
The nicest hat i have ever seen live on a person was actually in Salzburg early last year. He was an elderly gentleman who was wearing a vintage grey fedora with a slight green tint. His overcoat was also in similar tone.

Wow, it got me back into looking at hats again. I wish i had taken his picture, but i was on a business trip and did not have a camera during the trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy