Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I noticed, too. MAybe they are so busy with their shop that they don´t have time for ebay right now. It seems there was loads of stuff left and I´d love to buy some more of it now...

ginny

Familiar Face
Besame mascara update

Hi everyone, Just wanted to let you all know that I just received a promotional email from Besame today that included information that some initial shipments of the mascara were faulty, and an offer for a new tube to anyone who thinks they may have received a faulty one initially. I decided to give it another go, especially since I've read so many recent reviews of the mascara that were very good and sounded completely different from my experience.
I'll follow up once I give it a try!

leaette

A-List Customer
Do you save those cute round containers that blush or eyeshadow come in?
I just used up my blush. But I would hate to throw away the container, it's so darn cute.
If you save it, what do you use it for?

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
if its deep enough you can use it as a pill box. Its always nice to have something to carry your midol in :)

Or fill it will your own home-made lip gloss. There's lots of great recipes on the web.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
leaette said:
Do you save those cute round containers that blush or eyeshadow come in?
I just used up my blush. But I would hate to throw away the container, it's so darn cute.
If you save it, what do you use it for?

How about using it for spare change?

I wish Besame would make refills for them just like cosmetic companies used to do.

leaette

A-List Customer
the containers are VERY shallow. it wont fit change. mabye some pills...that's a good idea. but probably only one dose of a pill that is small in size. if it's a big pill, it won't fit.
they are just so pretty. there is even a mirror inside. i'd really hate to throw this away.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
leaette said:
the containers are VERY shallow. it wont fit change. mabye some pills...that's a good idea. but probably only one dose of a pill that is small in size. if it's a big pill, it won't fit.
they are just so pretty. there is even a mirror inside. i'd really hate to throw this away.

I LOVE the make your own lipgloss idea!

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
You could empty an lipstick that is in an ugly container onto a plate and use those disposable spatulas (from Sally's) or a butter knife to squish and blend then transfer it to the container. I have tried this before and even melted my lipstick a little (in the sun) to soften it. Then let it set again in the container to apply with a lip brush. Or blend a lippy thats a bit dark with a cheapy light creamy one to soften and fill it.

leaette

A-List Customer
ohhh perfect idea! i'm a big lip balm user but i prefer the kind in the typical tubes. but...i have tons of lipsticks in yucky ugly plastic tubes that could use a pretty home!
seems messy but i'll try it. nothing really to lose.

Dixiedaisey

New in Town
The lipstick idea is perfect for these containers. I have tons of lipsticks that are worn down to the point where I could just scoop them out and pop them in the container. I have a great retractable lip brush and can just apply like a gloss pot now. Thanks for the great idea!

Rock´n´Rose

New in Town
Hello girls!

This is my first post here and I´d like to say "hello" to everyone.
I´m from Germany, so I hope my english is good enough to write here.

I´ve heared a lot about Bésame cosmetics and now I´m thinking about buying my first lipstick. I found an interesting offer at ebay germany. Moderator edit-Ebay link removed.

But how efficient are the lipsticks? Because they are very small, aren´t they?

satindoll

New in Town
Seems there are lots of people here who like Besame cosmetics. I just got their latest newsletter and I just thought I'd post about this great promotion they're having. I have no afiliation with them at all. Just like their products!

They've got a new vanity case called the Trio(45.00 retail value) that they're giving away with any 30.00 purchase until the end of November.

It includes lipstick, rouge and dusting powder and of course the container is beautiful. Good gift idea!

PS

A-List Customer
I am sitting on an order right now. I feel like I should treat myself but I am already a makeup junkie and have a lot that I don't use as is. I really want to try the souffl?© foundation but am worried about the color choice, I hear the lightest isn't as light as some need. But am thinking that if it is really as concentrated as the KA SSE, then using it on my dark under eye circles and on the broken capillaries around my nose then it would be fine. Anyone care to offer some advice?

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Concealer?

PS:
I have the same problems with under eye circles and broken capillaries on my nose too. I use a concealer (a light color) in those areas and it doesn't matter what type of foundation I use. Currently, I'm very pleased with CoverGirl TruBlend whipped foundation and they have a lot of colors to choose from. I tried the Maybelline stuff and its not nearly as good as the CG. I haven't tried the Besame foundation yet, but from earlier reviews here, most people like it. I just wish they had more color options. (I do have some of their eye shadows and rouge and love them!) So, if you're wanting to get the Besame foundation, and it doesn't cover your "problem" areas, you might want to consider a concealer to go with it.

Just my 2 cents....

perfectredlips

New in Town
LOVE everything I have from Besame. Esp Choc Kiss lipstick and the Rose Lotion...great for mixing with foundation. I have besame red lipstick and I do love it but it is a little dark for an everyday red. The crimson rouge is another product that takes some practice but once you master it you will love it. Lasts all day and then some!

Just placed another order and am expecting...
Natural/Cocoa Lipliner
Merlot Lipstick
Finishing Powder
Peach Rouge
Choc Kiss lipstick

BonnieJean

Practically Family
perfectredlips,
You'll love the Merlot lipstick. Its a dark red and I use it for my everyday lipstick. Just enough color, but not too bright. And I use their boudoir pink rouge and it gives just a nice light hint of pink glow to my cheeks, so you might want to try that sometime. I haven't tried the peach rouge, but I'm thinking about it...

perfectredlips

New in Town
Good to hear...I was a little worried about the merlot color...Im looking for a classic everyday color. I'll add the pink rouge to my list...thanks. They have a free gift (warm or cool trio) with any $30 purchase...its a $45 value...I couldnt pass it up.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
I am wondering how superfine the powder is?

I hate seeing gobs of powder sititng on my face, but I love powder in general.

Also, I am pale as snow, and was wondering how light the lightest was?

Thanks!

Desi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo