Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Inky

One Too Many
Besame Sale Extended

You all probably got this, but just in case:

First let me start by saying thank you for your support and kind words!

In response to the thousands of you who took the time to call, e-mail and write in, thank you.
As you requested I have extended our close-out sale starting today
for a few more weeks while supplies last.

Keep in mind that supplies are limited, and items will be taken off the site as they sell out.

All orders will receive a free gift of full sized product while supplies last.
Orders over $100 will receive a gift of a Trio Set, Vanity Case or other Besame treasure
while supplies last. Free gift may not be selected.

Warmest regards and be glamorous everyday,
Gabriela

Close-out sales event EXTENDED to September 7th 11:59 pm
Sale price only valid at besamecosmetics.com.
No returns or exchanges. All sales are final.
No other promotional offer will be valid.
Free shipping is not available.

Shipping reminder: due to high sale volume your order may take an additional
6 days beyond our normal processing time before it leaves our warehouse and
you receive your tracking number by e-mail.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
You all probably got this, but just in case:

First let me start by saying thank you for your support and kind words!

In response to the thousands of you who took the time to call, e-mail and write in, thank you.
As you requested I have extended our close-out sale starting today
for a few more weeks while supplies last.

Keep in mind that supplies are limited, and items will be taken off the site as they sell out.

All orders will receive a free gift of full sized product while supplies last.
Orders over $100 will receive a gift of a Trio Set, Vanity Case or other Besame treasure
while supplies last. Free gift may not be selected.

Warmest regards and be glamorous everyday,
Gabriela

Close-out sales event EXTENDED to September 7th 11:59 pm
Sale price only valid at besamecosmetics.com.
No returns or exchanges. All sales are final.
No other promotional offer will be valid.
Free shipping is not available.

Shipping reminder: due to high sale volume your order may take an additional
6 days beyond our normal processing time before it leaves our warehouse and
you receive your tracking number by e-mail.

oh... no...

lol

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
question to all you besame lovers!

I've been using the moisturizer for about a week, and it actually seems to be drying my skin, but only my cheeks, I tried to mix it with my olay moisturizer today, so tomorrow I will see if it helped my cheeks at all. It seems the besame moisturizer almost has a mattifying affect, wondering if that could be the problem... have any of you had that moisturizer give you dry skin??

I really don't know what the problem can be...I have very sensitive skin but this is one of the best moisturizers I've ever used without it feeling oily. I used to use Nivea but it was too thick and felt a bit oily so when I discovered Besame's moisturizer, I was so happy. However, I stocked up on about 8 of these bottles from their sale and I opened one of them only to be disappointed as it didnt have that rose smell I love. It smells a bit strange but I doubt it is expired since it was a sealed product. It makes me a bit worried to open my other 8 Besame lotions. I really dont know what the problem can be in that either. Did yours have that lovely smell of roses?

As for the extended sale...
I spent so much on their last sale and made 3 separate orders that my husband REFUSES that I go on their website. He absolutely wont let me buy anymore. But I'm sure I can get him to give in. Today is my birthday after all ;)

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
Vix Vixen said:
I really don't know what the problem can be...I have very sensitive skin but this is one of the best moisturizers I've ever used without it feeling oily. I used to use Nivea but it was too thick and felt a bit oily so when I discovered Besame's moisturizer, I was so happy. However, I stocked up on about 8 of these bottles from their sale and I opened one of them only to be disappointed as it didnt have that rose smell I love. It smells a bit strange but I doubt it is expired since it was a sealed product. It makes me a bit worried to open my other 8 Besame lotions. I really dont know what the problem can be in that either. Did yours have that lovely smell of roses?

As for the extended sale...
I spent so much on their last sale and made 3 separate orders that my husband REFUSES that I go on their website. He absolutely wont let me buy anymore. But I'm sure I can get him to give in. Today is my birthday after all ;)

it does have the smell of roses, which I love! I have really sensitive skin as well, and acne prone so I was worried to try it, but only my cheeks have the dry areas. I upped my water intake and stopped drinking really any soda, and re-stopped smoking :eusa_doh: since I failed at the last recent attempt, but haven't had a smoke since the 17th! I will just keep mixing it with the olay, it seems to be working so far, and it will extend the life of my besame lotion :)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Besame on me

The beautiful Darhling dropped by yesterday with my Besame package. Thank you again Audrey Horne! I was excited to try their lipsticks for the first time, and I must admit I was very impressed when I did. First of all, all of the shades suited me! I ordered all the reds, and planned to give away the one's that didn't become me. I love Mac lipsticks, but unfortunately none of their famous reds - Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Viva Glam I - flatter me! They either look pinkish or dark and drab, simply awful! So I was surprised that all of Besame's reds looked good. They made me look more old-fashioned than anything I've ever worn before! Like magic.

I don't have a camera, but you ladies should know what my coloring looks like by now, with all the many pictures of me in the Lounge :eek: If hesitant, take a peek at the Pin-up thread, I've posted some more! lol
I have fair skin, but not so fair that the lightest Mac foundation is too dark for me, or anywhere near as fair as a red head. I think my skin tone is pink. I have brown hair and green/brown/grey eyes.

Besame on me:
Carmen orange-red. Similar to Mac's Lady Danger, but not as bright or orange.
Red Velvet a brownish red. Similar to Clinique's Red Drama, but a few shades lighter and much more subtle.
Red Hot Red a deep true red.
Besame Red a true red, clear and bright.
Cherry Red a rose-toned wine red. Brings bitten lips and the 1800th century to mind!

Inky

One Too Many
I talked to someone at Besame to day about my refund or receiving the cool hues trio that I had ordered but was out of stock, yet mentioned in their extended sale notice.

I asked, are you going out of business. She said most emphatically no. That Gabrielle was creating a whole new line and they would announce it via newsletter when available. No ETA available. Would it be vintage? She didn't know, but assured me it would be of the same quality.

So I keep my hope alive for continued vintage-inspired make up.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
MIA Noir Red

I received my replacement tube of Noir Red today in the mail. I have no idea if it is a new version of it or not. If they were sold out, I don't know how they would have been able to replace it, and I am pretty sure the girl on the phone said they would replace it with something from their new line. But the packaging is exactly the same, so who knows.[huh] either way, I am happy to have my Noir Red. :D I hope everyone else receives their replacement soon too! ON a side note, I had a sample of the wild orchid and I LOVE it!!!! I would be willing to trade someone another color for the wild orchid if they don't like it. ;)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Red - I too am in love with my Noir Red, I also think it is the lipstick that last the longest time without drying or fading, it lasts at least 7 hours on me and still looks fresh.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
~*Red*~ said:
I received my replacement tube of Noir Red today in the mail. I have no idea if it is a new version of it or not. If they were sold out, I don't know how they would have been able to replace it, and I am pretty sure the girl on the phone said they would replace it with something from their new line. But the packaging is exactly the same, so who knows.[huh] either way, I am happy to have my Noir Red. :D I hope everyone else receives their replacement soon too! ON a side note, I had a sample of the wild orchid and I LOVE it!!!! I would be willing to trade someone another color for the wild orchid if they don't like it. ;)

I'm interested in Red Velvet, and I have a Wild Orchid I never use....

Sunny

One Too Many
CherryRed said:
Does anyone have any issues with the Sun Kissed and Sweet Pink rouge? They seem to blend in to my skin tone more than other blush/rouges that I have used. Is it just me?[huh]
I've been using Sweet Pink for some months, and no, it's not just you. I was surprised at how much I had to use for it to be visible. And I'm not SUPER fair, but I'm pretty light. The Coty Translucent powder is too light, while the Translucent Extra Coverage is perfect.

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
Sunny said:
I've been using Sweet Pink for some months, and no, it's not just you. I was surprised at how much I had to use for it to be visible. And I'm not SUPER fair, but I'm pretty light. The Coty Translucent powder is too light, while the Translucent Extra Coverage is perfect.

I have been using Sweet Pink for well over a year now, and it is my favorite that I use the most frequently. I have quite fair skin, and I like how it looks. I had purchased the Crimson to try it during one of the sales. I was careful to use a little with a light hand, but I still felt like I looked like a clown! lol I like to use the Crimson for evenings out, but I tone it WAY down by putting foundation and powder over it. It is still a bit darker than Sweet Pink, and I hardly use much when I put it on. I am not fond of too much blush on me though.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
Does anyone have any issues with the Sun Kissed and Sweet Pink rouge? They seem to blend in to my skin tone more than other blush/rouges that I have used. Is it just me?[huh]
I'm super fair and sweet pink is perfect for me. I use a blush brush and it shows up as subtle if I use just a tiny bit and pretty deep color if I use more. I'm sorry it's not showing up as well for you. Maybe try a different applicator?

Sunny

One Too Many
CherryRed said:
I guess I have too much natural pink in my skin tone. I am fair but very pink. I have used the applicator it came with and also a brush, I still don't see much of a difference. :(
Ditto, ditto, and ditto. Oh, well!

Smuterella

One Too Many
wow, I got my order today and I am absolutely in love with the Red Hot red lipstick. I finally found the perfect red.

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
Smuterella said:
wow, I got my order today and I am absolutely in love with the Red Hot red lipstick. I finally found the perfect red.

I feel that way about Red Velvet. I had never found a good red for me until that one. I have about 1/3 of a tube and another whole tube left. I hope that I can make it last until they have it available again...and I hope they will have it available again soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana