Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Dani California said:
btw, where did you get your sunglasses that you are wearing in your avatar?

Hey Dani California :)
I bought my glasses at a store thats around the corner of my house... Its called Flashbacks... they sell vintage clothes and such and they have a nice collection of glasses :)

Ohhhh... I am going to have to order the mascara now!
Im a sucker for makeup... just adding to the tubs i already have :)

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
LelaViavonie said:
Hey Dani California :)
I bought my glasses at a store thats around the corner of my house... Its called Flashbacks... they sell vintage clothes and such and they have a nice collection of glasses :)

Ohhhh... I am going to have to order the mascara now!
Im a sucker for makeup... just adding to the tubs i already have :)

I know! I have a BOX full of Besame PLUS a small box of other brands...sheesh. I'm on a tight budget already because of the hundreds I've spent at Besame but I can't seem to have enough of Besame's lip products! I know we all love the vintage matte look but I been using the red berry lip glaze I got from their sale with red lipstick...OH MY! It is THEEEEEE BEST lip gloss I have ever used! It lasts for HOURS!!!! and not to mention, makes my red lips stand out even more! I NEEEED (lol) to buy more because no lipgloss even comes CLOSE to Besame's lip glazes!

Here's a pic of the Besame lipsticks I found online. The person who took this captured the colors pretty well. It's only a TEENY bit brighter than how the colors really look...
Besamelipstick1Medium.jpg

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Cherry Red..
Does your mascara dry out really fast? I tend to have that problem with most mascaras... mabey its just me.. LOL

It seems I will be drowning in buckets of makeup soon if I dont start using it all.. normally i just give things away.. most of it.. never even used.. and If it has.. only once.. LOL

I am such a compulsive shopper.. Thankfully I have gotten a hold of myself before i bought the whole store! LOL

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
I got my order in today. I am tremendously happy with the eyeshadows. For my free product I got crsytal lip glaze. I do not like lip glaze or gloss(its a texture thing). I was wondering if someone has a 30's mascera they dont want I could trade with them for the glaze.

Samantha

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
retrogirl1941 said:
I got my order in today. I am tremendously happy with the eyeshadows. For my free product I got crsytal lip glaze. I do not like lip glaze or gloss(its a texture thing). I was wondering if someone has a 30's mascera they dont want I could trade with them for the glaze.

Samantha

Oooo!! Ooo!!

I want the clear lip gloss, and I am expecting my delivery tomorrow, but I have no idea what my free gift will be. If I get the mascara or something else not quite up my alley, I'd be game to trade. Keep me in mind!! :)

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Joie DeVive said:
Oooo!! Ooo!!

I want the clear lip gloss, and I am expecting my delivery tomorrow, but I have no idea what my free gift will be. If I get the mascara or something else not quite up my alley, I'd be game to trade. Keep me in mind!! :)

Ok you get frist dibbs! I want mascara but most things would make my day.

Samantha

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
I ordered Besame for the first time lastnight!!! I suddenly just felt like looking around the site and saw that they are having a closeout sale, so it looks like I decided to look at just the right time! I got 2 lipsticks, Besame Red for me and Champagne for my mom :D, the 1930s mascara, Sun Kissed rouge, and the satin roll. I absolutely cannot wait for them to arrive! I know they'll all be wonderful.

Sylvanrealm

New in Town
Did anyone else place order at the very last minute? I just did...at 12:01 by my clock. I hope the order actually works...It said it did. I ordered the Besame Red, Red Hot Red, and the satin roll.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I got my shipment on Friday!! I'm so excited!! I got Cherry Red, 2 Besame Reds (one for me and one for Mom), and my free gift was clear lip gloss!! :D

So, no trading with Retrogirl 1941 :( . (I PMed ya!) Anyone else want to trade with her???? I know she has the clear lip gloss and is pining for the 1930s mascara, but it sounds like she'd trade for other stuff (not lip gloss).

I also found Cherry Red to be a bit darker than I expected. I still love it, but if you're ordering, it's a bit more deep bing cherry than cherry popcicle colored. And I find Besame red to be a rich true red with a hint of blue. And I love the way they all smell!!! :eusa_clap

Ashes Of Roses

New in Town
I just ordered Besame and my order came tonight..I love that sale! I bought Pistachio Eye shadow, Besame Red lipstick, Cherry Red lipstick, and 1930s mascara (which I like the scent of). The lipsticks are great, I just wish they would have had Red Velvet in stock when I ordered. such great packaging.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
I gave in to the $12 shipping and pretty packaging at very nearly the last minute too... 11:51pm, lol .

I bought 1 cherry red lippy, 2 carmine lippies, and pistachio shadow. I'm suspecting I'll love the carmine- I have a coral-peachy shiny lippy that looks great on me, so I'm hoping the matte orange-red works well for me too. If not- expect to see one carmine up for trade!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I *love* the Carmine! It will be perfect on me when I go back to being a redhead! :) It's a beautiful color! :)

Dani California

Familiar Face
I just got my order today:) Although, I wasn't very smart about this...I bought the loose powder and also got it for free in the Warm Trio Set that was sent to me for free. Should have bought something other than the loose powder:) Now I have 3 of them! Oh well, can never have enough powder. I also got the Peacock Blue eye shadow...which is a lot prettier now that i see it in person than on a computer screen:) I'm thinking that will be great night time color instead of the Socialite Brown I wear during the day. I went on the website today and there is nothing on there that says the sale is over?

Artistamongus

New in Town
The sale continues!

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this site (so new I don't even have a picture up yet!) this is my first post, and I was poking around today looking for tips/tutorials on how to achieve the vintage look. I followed the links andI came across this thread and was absolutely taken by the Bésame line. That everything is currently still on sale doesn't hurt either.

I just placed my first order and am now eagerly awaiting my goods! I also just got my new digital camera a few weeks back so what an opportunity to play. I'll post my vintage look provided I don't make myself look like a clown! :D

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
When the sale first started, I went a little crazy an ordered about $121.00 worth (tee hee!) but I love everything. I visited the warehouse about a year and a half ago and my friends and I were given the makeup artist discount, so I picked up a couple of items. I have since fallen in love with the loose powder and lipsticks...so much so that I am SO tempted to buy the reds set.

As far as closing shop, probably not. Gabriella sent an e-mail a few months ago asking what flavors we would love in a lip balm as they are supposed to be coming out with some (I assume part of the "new" collection).

If the packaging does change, I will be sad to see it go also :(

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
I received my order today! Everything is amazing and I am thrilled. When I opened the box though, I found that I had not received one satin roll, but TWO! Plus the free lip glaze! I don't know if this is because after I made this order, I made another one the next day to order the eyebrow pencil and the translucent powder, but I certainly don't need two of these.

Does anyone want to exchange the extra satin roll with me?

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I got my parcel two days ago (thanks to the wonderfull Miss Horne) and I LOVE my fab new carmine lipstick. Usually I just wear cherry red and noir red, but carmine might takes their place. My man liked it, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana